An internship at Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize is one of the largest food retailers in the world and is a leader in both supermarkets and E-commerce. We employ around 370,000 people in 11 different countries worldwide. We serve up to 50 million people weekly and inspire our customers with 21 strong local brands. Basing from our head office in Zaandam, we work tirelessly every day to make our customers’ lives a little better and easier. Do you also want to make an impact in the Netherlands and see your results in our stores?
Then, below, sign up for your preferred internship orientation during our Matching Day and come do an internship at Albert Heijn, Etos, Gall & Gall or Ahold Delhaize.
As an intern, you get the chance to discover where your strength lies and what you really like! In your first and third year, you will work in one of the fields at our head office. You get the opportunity to become acquainted with several brands: Etos, Gall & Gall, Albert Heijn, Albert Heijn online and Ahold Delhaize GSO (Global Support Office).
A shelf of experience
- See your results implemented in the stores and have an impact on what the Netherlands eats and drinks.
- The opportunity to gain experience in a large corporate environment with more than 1,500 colleagues.
- You won’t only be getting coffee! You get a lot of responsibility and are part of the team.
- Many nice colleagues and an informal working atmosphere.
- Job placements for HBO and university students;
- Preferably, 4-5 days per week (space to write an assignment is being considered);
- Internship compensation of €450 – €500 per period + compensation for travel expenses depending on your travel distance;
- Internships of 5/6 months with start dates in September and February (other intake moments are also negotiable);
- Option of participating in outings organised by Young Ahold Delhaize and the Internship Office.
- Curious about the world of Retail. You like taking responsibility and initiative. Furthermore, you are able to work well independently and:
- Are you an HBO or university student who is still enrolled in a study program;
- Do you have an affinity for retail, store experience is an advantage;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Link your resume to your preferred internship orientation.
Recent developments concering the covid-19 virus have made it impossible to organize the Matching Days at our headquarters. Therefore, we’ve set up an online program in which you still get the chance to get in contact with several hiring managers in your field of expertise. So, the Matching Days will still take place on the mentioned dates below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Hope to see you soon!
This year we will be organising Matching day at the following dates:
- 9th of October – Commerce
- 15th of October – Marketing & Communication
- 27th of October – Commerce
- 4th of November – Marketing & Communication
- 12th of November – Finance
- 18th of November – Commerce
- 27th of November – Marketing & Communication
Procedure Matching Day
At Ahold Delhaize we are happy to help you with an internship that truly suits you. That’s why we invite you to visit our head office in Zaandam for our Matching Day! On this day, you will get to know our organisation and you will have the opportunity to enter into dialogue with various departments within your preferred internship orientation. If there is a good click by the end of the afternoon, you could even go home with an internship in the bag!
Are you curious about our internship opportunities? Sign up for our Matching Day with no obligation. This can be done by clicking on the “Sign up for a Matching Day” button at the top right, filling in the form and uploading your resume.
Do your profile and internship wishes match the internships we offer? Fantastic! Then we ask you to write a motivation letter in which you state your motivation for working at Albert Heijn as well as the internship you have chosen.
Once we have made a selection based on your CV and motivation letter, you will receive an invitation from us along with the program for the Matching Day. No less than 80% of the participants go home with an internship!
Other Internship opportunities
Please feel free to contact us!