Your new job and office
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors.
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
Making a difference to the customer as our new Agile Tester
You’ll join the ‘Point of Sale’ team within the AH Customer Technology platform. This department is responsible for the development of the 'pay tower’ and the staffed and service checkouts in our Albert Heijn stores and AH to go. This means you are responsible for more than 13.000 checkouts and 60.000 handheld scanners, handling 17 million transactions per week. When shopping at Albert Heijn yourself, you use your own product every visit.
Being an Agile Tester means your ultimate goal is to ensure that only the most reliable code makes it to production. As an agile tester you are able to setup the tests within your team in such a way that the team is able to deliver high quality software to production. You do this by knowing the ins and outs of our applications. You work together with developers to ensure the fastest possible feedback. With your experience with test automation and requirements analysis, you marshal your team in the right direction.
In short; as an Agile Tester you:
- Can coach your team in a quality first mindset
- Support in the requirement process
- Are able to write automated tests in a variety of frameworks
- Know when to apply different types of tests and form an approach
- Can setup and run tests in a CI/CD environment
- Have a deep knowledge of Agile practices (specifically scrum)
- Are the bridge between the business and developers
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- An annual salary of max 64K based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
- A bonus plan: the annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
- 32-40 hours a week
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- Plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exactly: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community & AH Tech Academy – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts on insurance and groceries (up to €300,- a year).
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you:
- Are a Passionate tester that both finds nasty bugs and has a risk-based approach for testing;
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in which you have proven your added value in roles as Software Tester or QA of Software Engineering;
- Knowledge of API , code repo/review tools like GIT and BitBucket;
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with testing embedded software is a nice to have;
- Have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both mandatory);
- Are fine with working the majority of the week from our office in Zaandam (close to the train station), as our testing happens on actual checkouts in the test lab);
- Have experience in the retail sector, but this is just a nice to have.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Apply and discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Remco Nabuurs (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.
About AH Technology
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our Agile testing community counts more than 40 test professionals. To boost the knowledge sharing and learning culture we have launched the AH Tech Academy where you have access to in-class and online trainings, also visiting conferences is part of the deal.