Your new job and office
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
About the job
Being a senior Developer for Android in the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible, together with other developers, for the technical aspects of Albert Heijn's Android app, used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities. As a passionate developer you participate in the ideation of new cool initiatives.
You participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage releases. You support product or platform architects when needed, and guide and coach other (junior) developers.
More specifically, as (senior) Developer Android you:
- Understand new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques;
- Care deeply about consistent, malleable, well documented, tested code;
- Know code is more often read than written;
- Are aware that refactoring messy parts of the codebase is a normal part of your day (Boy Scout rule ftw!).
- Can think about long-term challenges, and ways to improve a large code base with 20 regular contributors;
- Expert in keeping things DRY, Clean and SOLID
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our mobile development community counts more than thirty five Mobile Developers, mostly experts in iOS and Android development.
For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit:
Due to COVID-19 we're mainly working from home, also after we can go back to the office it's possible to work partially from home.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary up to 85K based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- An additional bonus (up to 10K) that match your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan;
- Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Tech Lead you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Strong experience as Developer of mobile apps in Android is a must. Experience with Flutter and Dart is a advantage;
- Know your way around with CI/CD, using Fastlane, Jenkins and Github Actions;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture and testing;
- Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory);
- A highly communicative personality.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Hit the apply button and discover how we can make a difference together to the customer!
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech Digital Loyalty and Customer) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.