Create world-class data insights that will help to identify and predict the performance of our global IT services!
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you are the single point of contact for all reporting, analysis, and data requests that help to keep our global IT services up and running at the best possible performance. The impact is massive since your insight will help to resolve and foresee issues for a user base of over 370.000 people worldwide!
You work closely with senior IT delivery management to elicit needs for actionable insights. Your data originates from multiple sources and systems and includes IT incidents reported by users and real-time performance of applications. You own the data roadmap, and you build end-end technical solutions.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- Understanding the needs for data insights by collaborating with senior management
- Building and maintaining the data warehouse in Azure
- Programming API interfaces in Python and extract data from multiple sources
- Maintaining SQL queries and building an effective and agile data model
- Create data dashboards with powerful and actionable insights
- Build machine learning algorithms to predict performance issues
- Pro-actively help to Identify cases where insights can make a difference
Your new office
As a BI Developer, you work with around 370,000 colleagues worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale, you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands, and approximately 150 within GSO (Global Support Office) IT. By leading together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role. And this way, we build trusted local brands.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 6th floor within the GSO, to be precise. GSO sets global strategic frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practices, and encourages economies of scale for the entire organization.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- A permanent contract and a gross base salary up to €60k.
- an attractive bonus scheme on top of your salary.
- an excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- 20 vacation days, extendible to 32.5 days.
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts, or pay-outs.
- discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- the possibility to attend training courses.
- discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
For this role, we are looking for someone who can partner with both technical skills as well as exceptional analytical-, stakeholder management-, and collaboration skills. You complete this with:
- a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar role(s) that involved data- and business analytics, reporting, data warehouse development, and data science elements
- Senior-level experience with Azure, Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft PowerApps, SQL, DAX, and Python
- Excellent understanding of how (big) data technologies are applied in business, ideally within the context of IT delivery
- Comfortable with working in multi-vendor, and internationally dispersed environment
- Experience with SCRUM, Kanban or other Agile methodology
- Certified Lean Six Sigma BlackBelt
- Experienced in working with IT Service Toolsets such as ServiceNow
- Excellent English communication skills
Seeing is experiencing, which applies to our stores and indeed to our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace, where you, as a BI Developer, influence the most famous retail brands. Apply now! Also, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the GSO?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position?
- Please indicate one of your strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Specialist, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org.