We are looking for a finance consultant who wants to change the way we do finance at Ahold Delhaize. Someone who is change minded, IT driven and wants to have fun and make an impact.
What is our ideal candidate? Someone who…
- …likes to manage or participate in a variety of finance projects;
- …stands out as partner for change;
- …challenges the status quo;
- …is not scared to think outside the box and present for a big audience;
- …knows about new technologies and how they can add value to our business;
- …is a self-starter as well as a team player;
- …brings finance processes to the next level.
So, what would a “normal” working day look like, you wonder?
- Well, you are a part of a team consisting professionals who are self-starting, independent and have a strong ambition to realize change within finance;
- You will be managing or participating in a broad variety of finance projects with a strong IT connection;
- Also, you will be building a broad network of internal customers / stakeholders;
- You (re-)design financial processes, including the necessary controls, ensuring improved quality of outputs and more efficient ways of working;
- Overall you will be developing and applying project management skills, work agile and use process optimization techniques.
Your new office
As a Consultant Finance & Accounting you will work at Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
The F&A Transformation team
The objective of Finance & Accounting Transformation team is to drive, manage and support improvements or changes to our finance processes. Our responsibility is to improve the finance processes in terms of efficiency, quality and/or compliance aspects in close cooperation with the operational finance teams as well as our business process outsourcing partner.
You will be managing or actively participating in these projects. You are also responsible for identifying opportunities to bring our finance processes to the next level. Change inefficient financial back-office processes with help of new technologies, reduce our period-end closing timelines, automate our management reporting process and implement new accounting standards. These are just a few examples the team is working on.
You use project management skills, agile way of working and process optimization techniques to realize and secure, smart and scalable solutions.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to be part of a team of finance professionals that is responsible for improving finance processes, contributing to Ahold Delhaize’s strategy of Simplicity and Efficient Finance Solutions;
- Work in the dynamic and continuously changing environment of Ahold and food retail in general;
- An environment where developing content knowledge and personal skills are an integral part of the job, with career opportunities in the wider Ahold Delhaize (Finance) organization;
- If you want, you can start with a Post Master-degree.
- A University degree in for example Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant (financial) area;
- 3 - 6 years of working experience as a Finance professional, Finance or IT Change Consultant, project manager or similar job profile;
- You are a process thinker: Process (re-)design experience is a big plus, knowledge of (retail) processes is a plus but not required;
- You have strong affinity with IT, new technologies and (big) data;
- Is self-starting and independent;
- In possession of strong communication and advising skills;
- Some projects may require travelling to foreign Ahold and/or Genpact locations.
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Consultant F&A Transformation will be part of a great and dynamic change team.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.