Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! As Platform Architect for the Data Differentation Platform Team you wil be responsible for the architecture of the Data Differentiation Platform (DDP). Join AH Technology!
What do we offer?
Our company: Albert Heijn Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring.
Our team: Data Platform
In our data platform teams we design, build and operate all the technology that Albert Heijn, Etos, Gall & Gall data product development teams need in order to deliver great Data products to our customers and businesses.
We run our data platform on Azure, and use technologies like ADLS, AKS, Databricks, EventHub, Synapse, SQLServer, DevOps, Terraform, BICEPS, Python, Bash, Git, ELK and more.
As our new Platform Architect, you will be responsible for the architecture of the Data Differentiation Platform (DDP). In this challenging role, you will bes responsible for:
- Interaction with Enterprise Architects, Product Cluster Architects and Tech Leads to ensure architectural compliance with the business and tech strategy and target enterprise architecture
- Setting-up and maintaining technology roadmaps for DDP
- Ensuring that product architecture meets business requirements
- Knowledge leader on the various technological components work together to deliver the desired functionality, the roadmap (technical and business) for the Data Differentiation Platform
- Interaction with the key business domains to ensure business/ technology alignment.
Take a leadership role in the management of the data platform architecture.
? Drive the transformation of the technology department to meet the needs of the changing business demands and to platform for growth and efficiency
? Implement governance framework covering principles , procedures and processes and monitor KPI’s for DDP
? Identify and evaluate platform risks and participate in defining mitigation and control activities
Technology Architecture : define and manage platform technology roadmap for the Data Differentiation Platform in line with Tech strategy and overarching Enterprise Architecture roadmap
? Define the architecture target state and roadmap for DDP
? Consult operating unit Business on overall Portfolio and Investment plans based on the Architecture Roadmap
? Support Enterprise Architecture to provide input into strategic roadmap and global architecture
? Proactively stay abreast of emerging trends and technologies and incorporate in technology platform target state and roadmap
? Develop and maintain an overall platform architecture roadmap. Integrate product architectures into the as-is platform architecture for future baseline references
? Contribute to cross regional or Global Architecture Strategy
Data Platform Architecture: responsible for making sure the platform architecture will be simple, resilient, maintainable and evolable.
- Translate business requirements into the data platform technology architecture and product architecture deliverables
- Provide architecture consultation and guidance in early program/product phases
- Provide technical oversight for all the Product Cluster Architects and Tech Leads
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices
- Accountable for inter-platform technical direction and decisions within their platform
- Steer and guard overall technology architecture working with multiple product teams
- Ensure all security and compliance aspects are taken into account in local architecture (secure by design, compliant by design)
- Take part in the guilds concerning Architecture to spread best-practices and knowledge within AH Tech and lead by example
Our ideal candidate:
- University or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing data platform solutions that processed, transformed data efficiently, secure and reliable.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of hands-on developing and shipping software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate with business and translate requirements into concrete user stories, work with team to refine and realize stories.
- Strong to design, document, present, communicate and implement a solution.
- Agile and DevOps mindset and experience in architect role in such environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with complexity of large organizations, not afraid to speak up when sub-optimal choices are made.
- Solution oriented and result driven.
Core technology skills:
- (Azure) Platform Engineering, (Azure) networking, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks - configuration, optimization etc or similar Data and Platform engineering experience.
- DevOPS (CI/CD, Logging & Monitoring), Python, basic level of understanding, AKS
- Airflow, Data Engineering, Site reliability Engineer, Azure security or similar
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to € 110.000 plus a bonus on top of your salary plus Global Reward Bonus at target
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%;
- A company car or car allowance
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and smartphone.
Interested? Apply on our website or contact Clifford Haakmeester, Talent Acquisition Business Partner Tech via email@example.com if you have any questions.