Your new job and office
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Creating impact by transforming our monolithic Oracle based legacy systems into a new, state of the art Technology landscape for AH
Being a passionated Devops engineer for AH Technology, means you are developing our software for a product. A product can contain multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities to our business process.
What do we offer?
Your new job
As DevOps Engineer for AH Promotions, you are technically co-responsible for the work of the product team. The team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more promotion capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with the other engineers to develop our technology landscape. Business technology and Solution consultants will support the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions. You will report directly to the head of tech
Your efforts will help the teams to deliver outstanding results. More specifically, as Devops Engineer you will:
- Participate in standups and refinements in the team;
- Help develop technical solutions in line with our system and business process
- Build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, contribute in best practices and deployments;
- Add value with your expertise and contribute with initiatives in your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
- Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles;
Is this you?
To become successful as our new DevOps Engineer - Promotions you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree;
- 2 years+ experience as software engineer / devops Engineer working in a complex (corporate) Technology environment. Experience in the field of Retail Tech would be an advantage;
- Technical knowledge including cloud (preferably Azure), storage, API’s, Microservices (preferably Kotlin knowledge),
- Preferred knowledge and experience on Agile;
- You enjoy teamwork, like working in greenfield settings and make thing happen
- You’re tech savy, pro active and have a big passion for tech
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch would be a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills and motivated
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary depending on your experience and a bonus on top of your salary;
- 25 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 19.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum - AH Tech Academy
- An excellent pension plan
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Your new office and collegues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, We’re always there for you, and with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is more true than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the Promotions Tech team with several other colleagues, which operates within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 27 teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance, Stores, Supply Chain and Support disciplines.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Any questions? please contact Adam Taimount, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org