Your new job and office
Will you help drive the best-in-class omnichannel customer experience across brands? Apply now for the role of Product Director at Ahold Delhaize.
Ahold Delhaize is a leading multinational retailer, serving customers in Europe, the US and Indonesia by iconic brands like Albert Heijn, bol.com, Giant Co. and super Indo, to just name a few. Digital experience team at Ahold Delhaize is responsible for creating digital capabilities, products and services, enabling our brands to help their customers eat well, save time, live better. Product managers and designers on the digital experience team do that by transforming our customer experience based on customer insight, data, passion for creating a great experience that delights customers, and a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of millions of our customers.
Do you have a vision of the future of retail customer experience? Are you mission-driven, customer-focused, data-driven, and passionate about helping customers? Can you drive digital transformation and challenge existing ways of working – all to improve the lives of our customers? Are you an effective communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization? Then join us and help us drive the evolution of an iconic company from a brick-and-mortar food retailer into a food tech company.
We are looking for a product director to lead the product team and take our omnichannel customer experience across web, mobile and store to the next level. You will be responsible for leading the team of 8 product managers to define the vision, strategy, roadmaps and product requirements for the omnichannel customer experience.
As Digital Product Director, you will:
- Understand the needs of our customers, our business strategy and priorities, and the needs of our local brands
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmaps for our omnichannel customer experience, and products and capabilities that enable it
- Work with the design team to bring the desired customer experience to life
- Work with the development teams to develop and deliver products and services into the hands of our customers
- Mentor, develop and grow the product team to not just deliver great experiences for our customers, but also evolve the product culture and ways of working
- Together with the design team drive innovation and stay at the forefront of retail
What do we offer?
Working as a Digital Product Manager you do at and with Ahold Delhaize. With around 370,000 employees worldwide for more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands. By doing better together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role. And this way we also build trusted local brands. Strong brands where you will find a lot of knowledge, experience and effectiveness.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the fifth floor within the Digital Experience Team, to be precise. Everything you do together with your colleagues is immediately visible in our stores and at people's homes.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our bustling Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours a week):
- a competitive salary
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%.
- reimbursement of your travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- 20 vacation days.
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts or pay-outs.
- the possibility to attend training courses at our expense.
- a bonus on top of your salary.
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- a 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products.
The right candidate for this role has a passion and vision for the future of digital customer experience in retail. He or she is an effective communicator and collaborator, able to build strong relationships across the organization including brands, technology, marketing, and operations. The right candidate is customer focused, innovative yet pragmatic, able to balance competing priorities - to deliver products that customers love, that drive the right business outcomes. They will also be a critical in driving digital transformation and the ways in which we work.
- Masters degree in Design, Business or Technology
- 5+ years leading product teams
- 7+ years of experience in creating and shipping digital products
- Comfortable with ambiguity, experienced in design thinking, user-centered design, and versed in agile product development
- Experience in using data & analytics to inform decisions and achieve desired business outcomesAbility to balance competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunities with stakeholders, driving to alignment while maintaining a clear focus on overarching strategy and priorities
- Ability to collaborate across the organizations including brands, technology, marketing, operations, and finance
- Strong technical foundation, and business acumen
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Presence and communication skills
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and certainly to our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace where you as Digital Product Manager have an influence on the most famous Dutch retail brands. Apply now,
In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please avoid words which are already in the vacancy text, make it personal.
- Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Denise Birksteiner, Talent Acquisition Specialist Digital, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com.