Your new job and office
Location: Head office Ahold Delhaize Zaandam
As Director Finance Digital you make an impact by managing the finances, including (Planning & Control processes), for Ahold Delhaize Digital. You act within the financial guidelines and policies, in order to advice and support management of the realisation of the objectives in terms of efficiency, cost control and profitability.
Ahold Delhaize’s office in Zaandam, the Netherlands, is the home base for the Global Support Office (GSO), consisting of various support functions that help to further build Ahold Delhaize’s great local brands. One of these functions is the Digital department, In order to strengthen the department we are seeking to recruit a Director Finance Digital.
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
- Business Partnering and Management advice: You will be the finance business partner and are responsible for the promotion of financial awareness regarding performance, investments and decisions and optimal use of resources. Also you advice management on complex (financial/strategy execution) matters and compliance with external and internal rules and regulations;
- Drive eComm growth and profitability within the company; increase visibility, drive performance and enlarge knowledge within Finance community;
- Management information: you provide management information on Digital KPIs that enable the management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) decisions and determine or adjust strategy, and follow-up on reporting by brands to increase accuracy and consistency in this area. Also, you anticipate timely on in- and external developments;
- Financial planning and control: Activities can timely be planned, steered and controlled, in order to support the realisation of financial economical objectives. Also you are responsible for the Planning and Control cycle, where this serves as a basis for sound decision making on objectives and review of results realisation;
- M&A and Business Development: You realize comprehensive, fact-based investment strategy and build an effective evaluation toolkit;
- Accurate, complete and timely periodic- and ad-hoc financial reporting;
- Input year plan / budget: You are responsible for the year plan/-budget and/or LTP is approved and serves as a basis for the realisation of the (financial) objectives;
- Internal Controls and Compliance: Responsible for the contribution to the provision of well-founded insights into potential financial risk areas and or non compliance and contribution to risk mitigation in the digital area.
The Director Finance Digital has a solid line into BPP via the SVP BPP and a dotted line to our Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
What do we offer?
What do we offer?
- Working within the corporate heart of one of the world’s largest food retail groups;
- Close cooperation with colleagues in operating companies in 10 countries, also through company-wide expertise groups;
- A highly qualified and energetic team of colleagues.
A competitive salary up to € 106.000,-
Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
20 vacation days, and Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12,5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out.
Flexible working hours.
A laptop and telephone.
An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
A bonus on top of your salary.
Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year.
- Master-degree in Business Administration or Economics;
- Post Master-degree (RA, RC, RE, RO);
- Work experience of more than 10 years, and at least 3 years of relevant experience in relation to Digital; preferably an E-Commerce environment
- Deep and broad knowledge of all business processes including relation to the own discipline and reciprocal impact and anticipates on consequences;
- In depth knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies, standards and procedures;
- Some knowledge of project management.
Would you like to learn more first before you apply to this position? You can contact Jennifer van der Vlugt, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com
Please don’t apply via this email address but apply via the button on the website.