What will you do?
Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in specialty stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands, we own the leading e-commerce company, Bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Within this role you will face challenges, including :
- Communicate within a multinational organization, where stakeholders are spread across geographies.
- Working in a small team, and thus requiring delivery through others rather than leading people on the basis of solely your experience
Reporting to the Group Treasurer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- develop a global insurance strategy and policies to minimize Total Cost of Risk.
- interact with business leaders, risk managers and risk owners to identify, assess, surface exposures and collaboratively design risk mitigation and retention programs.
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders to secure the annual placement of worldwide property and casualty coverage, workers compensation/employers liability programs, D&O and other placements.
- plan, design, communicate and enhance the overall risk management process for the organization along with the development of associated tools, practices and policies to analyze report and manage those risks.
- elaborate global and integrated risk assessment map while quantifying and balancing Ahold Delhaize’s risk appetite.
- manage and develop a small team.
- prepare and manage insurance related global budgets.
- coordinate mergers & acquisitions integration in relation to insurance matters.
What do we offer?
- A diverse, challenging job that combines analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in a dynamic international environment with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
- A master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration;
- 10+ years of experience in an insurance related role preferably within a corporate environment.
- You are familiar with managing and growing captive insurance structures.
- You are capable of managing complex projects and multiple competing priorities and are keen to work in a dynamic, international and cross-functional environment.
- You are fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A familiarity with the U.S. markets is a plus.
As a person, we believe that you already have the following strengths:
- You are an autonomous team player with the ability to communicate effectively and with diplomatic skills
- You know that “delivery through others” means you achieve results through collaboration;
- You demonstrate solid analytical, actuarial and financial modeling skills.