Are you a service-minded, creative Communications leader who is motivated to delivering excellence? Are you skilled at managing a team, adept at juggling competing priorities and committed to quality work while meeting deadlines? Then apply today and join the Global Communications team at Ahold Delhaize!
The Director Internal Communications leads the development and coordination of internal communications strategies for Ahold Delhaize at Group level, and must ensure that these strategies support the brands in delivering their objectives and the overall Group-wide Leading Together strategy. The Director Internal Communications is a member of the Global Communications Management Team.
- Create and deliver strong proactive internal communications programs that effectively support the Leading Together strategy.
- Establish guidelines and set the principles for internal communications regarding the communication around the strategy for the company.
- Establish the strategy and manage the execution of all Ahold Delhaize leadership community communications (Leadership community is approximately 300-350 across the Group) as well as Ahold Delhaize group communications.
- Lead and coach a team of internal communications managers and specialists (5 colleagues approximately) that develops and enhances the channels and tools we use to meet the information needs of different target audiences, support the strategy and provide an effective internal communications organization for the business.
- Advise and coach key executives, including the CEO on communication skills, providing professional guidance on communication challenges and tactically preparing them for town hall meetings and other associate-facing activities.
- Providing advice, consultancy and coaching to other internal stakeholders on the effective use of internal communication to support business objectives.
- Ensure seamless integrated communications, together with the Director External Communications, to manage risk, be prepared for crisis and issue communications, including response and contingency planning.
- Build and cultivate a (content-driven) network of internal communications professionals within Ahold Delhaize and ensure best practices are being shared. Manage vendors and agencies.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce. Its family of great, local brands serves more than 50 million customers each week in Europe, the United States, and Indonesia. Together, these brands employ more than 370,000 associates in 6,500 grocery and specialty stores and include the top online retailer in the Benelux and the leading online grocers in the Benelux and the United States.
You will be part of the Ahold Delhaize Global Communications team. The team is responsible for building and protecting the Ahold Delhaize corporate brand and reputation with strategic advice, creative deliverables and timeless and flawless execution. We support both the Group and the local brands in defining the best communications approach to reach their goals. We also serve as a hub for best practice sharing.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An impactful leadership role in communications with room for personal development on leadership, functional and professional competencies.
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
- An opportunity to further shape the Ahold Delhaize brand.
- Occasional travel.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- A wide range of career opportunities within Ahold Delhaize.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. As our new Director Internal Communications, you are a high caliber communications professional bursting with ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this with:
- At least 7 years of (international) communications experience in a leading multinational.
- Master’s degree, preferably in organizational psychology, business or communications.
- Ability to work strategically while keeping an eye on the details.
- Ability to advise most senior level leadership on highly sensitive and confidential topics.
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure, and short timeframes.
- Ability to master complex information quickly and simplify it for relevant internal audiences.
- Total integrity, a-political but with a refined political sensibility; able to challenge the status quo constructively while being diplomatic and professional.
- Educational achievements and experience that demonstrates the requisite intellectual capability to take on and resolve complex challenges.
- Successful track record of partnering with HR to deliver change management and internal communications programs over a multi-year period.
- A proven track record in leading high performing internal communication teams, by developing communication skills and competencies, establishing high communication standards, coaching for improvement and managing high and low performance.
- Dutch native speaker and fluent in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate a team without hierarchical lines – a sensitive team player, able to provide both strategic direction and hands-on assistance and guidance.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Director Internal Communications, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in the Netherlands. Apply now, but in any case by no later than May 26th.
Want to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Evi Spooren, Talent Acquisition Specialist, will be happy to tell you all about the vacancy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.