Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! As Director of Data Engineering for the Data Differentation Platform Team you wil be responsible for the architecture of the Data Differentiation Platform (DDP). Join AH Technology!
What do we offer?
Our company: Albert Heijn Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring.
Our team: Data Differentiation Platform (DDP)
In our data platform teams we design, build and operate all the technology that Albert Heijn, Etos, Gall & Gall data product development teams need in order to deliver great Data products to our customers and businesses.
We run our data platform on Azure, and use technologies like ADLS, AKS, Databricks, EventHub, Synapse, SQLServer, DevOps, Terraform, BICEPS, Python, Bash, Git, ELK and more.
Your job and responsibilities
As our new Director of Data Engineering, you'll be stepping into a leadership role as part of the DDP leadership team. You will be responsible for:
- Design and maintain the data platform strategy and architecture to support data management at scale in cooperation with Enterprise Architects, Product Cluster Architects and Lead Data Engineers.
- Setting-up and maintaining technology roadmaps for DDP.
- Ensuring privacy and security compliance by design.
- Contribute to Enterprise and Global architecture.
- Leading major data engineering decisions as the knowledge leader on data technologies.
- Interaction with the key business domains to ensure business/ technology alignment.
Our ideal candidate:
- University or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or Artificial Intelligence.
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing data platform solutions.
- A deep understanding of software engineering (technologies, architecture and engineering principles and culture), and a track record of hands-on developing and shipping software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong to design, document, present, communicate and lead the implementation of scalable, secure, and resilient data platform architectures.
- Agile and DevOps mindset. Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with complexity of large organizations, not afraid to speak up when sub-optimal choices are being made.
- Solution oriented and results driven.
Core technology skills:
- Platform Engineering, networking, Data Factory, Databricks - configuration, optimization etc or similar Data and Platform engineering experience.
- DevOPS (CI/CD, Logging & Monitoring), Python, basic level of understanding, AKS.
- Airflow, Data Engineering, Site reliability Engineer, Azure security or similar.
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross base salary up to € 110.000 plus a bonus on top of your salary plus Global Reward Bonus at target
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan where Ahold is contributing over 4 times your contribution
- A company car or car allowance
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and smartphone.
Interested? Apply on our website or contact Clifford Haakmeester, Talent Acquisition Business Partner Tech via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.