Your new job and office
Ahold Delhaize HQ, Zaandam
Fulltime, 40 hours
Publication Date: 18-11-2021
Make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by supporting the VP and team of Global IT Sourcing & Vendor Management team as an assistant.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking (food) retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
As an Assistant at Ahold Delhaize, your goal is to ensure efficient, effective and high qualitative secretarial and organizational support in a pro-active manner, handling most matters autonomously.
We are searching for a new Assistant to provide support to the Vice President Global Technology Sourcing and Vendor Management, Chris Thide & team, and to Mike Blay VP IT Central & South East Europe.
Tasks are performed in a demanding environment which requires an energetic, flexible, professional and service oriented Assistant with an eye on delivering quality with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
What do we offer?
- Perform full management of agenda/calendar for VP Tech SVM and (currently) 4 direct reports plus Mike Blay, scheduling both external and internal meetings, video meetings and offsites/events/dinners for team
- Arrange all corporate travel (both national and international), hotel and car bookings for the team.
- Support the VP and team of Global IT Sourcing & Vendor Management setting up meeting and video meetings
- Submit expenses for the VP in Coupa
- Welcome visitors for the team
- Arrange team events/drinks, celebrations including catering
- Support with onboarding and offboarding internal staff for the team
- Work closely with other GSO IT Assistants
- Support and give direction to the GSO IT department with travel bookings and department related questions
- Draft and deliver efficient internal communication regarding department related topics and announcements etc. via email updates to the GSO IT department
- Support Tenrox-related work (i.e. contractor billing tracker)
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, verbally and in writing;
- Structured, accurate, planning and organizational ability;
- Extensive relevant years of experience in a supporting role at C-level Direct Report level;
- Flexible, positive attitude
- Wanting to achieve the best results with passion and team play;
- Discreet, independent, proactive, assertive, resilient.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize focuses on sustainable growth. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so you’re encouraged to grab opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities. What that translates to in this role?
- A salary up to €3725 per month, depending on your expertise.
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: coaching programs, plenty of growth opportunities and attractive, cross-brand career options
- Lots of ‘me time’: how does 45 vacation days (25.5 regular and 19.5 ADV days) sound? Relax and charge yourself up!
- Flexible working hours, the freedom to partially work from home (in NL)
- A laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership to a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience working at Executive Assistant level or equivalent in multi-national and commercial organization
- Are fluent in both Dutch and English
- Can keep an overview of all moving parts, quickly switching between different activities and priorities and you get a lot of energy from this. You have an eye for details and timelines, and bring a proactive attitude.
- Always think ahead and have the ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure. You have a good sense of internal and external relationships.
- Thrive in a demanding environment, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks at the same time, responding at a moment’s notice and frequently under high pressure. During (time) pressure you keep your head cool and you continue to work in a structured way.
- Are self-confident and have a sense of humor; with high standards of personal integrity.
- Are both a team and independent worker, easily connecting to others and building a network.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Eveline Jansen, Talent Acquisition Partner will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Apply online via our website with your motivation and updated resume.
We are currently looking for people who live in the Netherlands. Due to the Covid-19 situation we are only hiring locally for this position. If this changes again, we are of course open for candidates from other countries.