As a financial controller, you are able to provide the Albert Heijn business with insights that can really make a difference. This can be either accomplished by performing top class financial control and by developing and continues improvement of reporting.
You will be part of an energetic team which aims to automate as much as possible, so we have time left for things we are good at: making processes and reporting work flawless, providing valuable insights and make the correct accounting decisions.
Do you enjoy working with with BI tools like Tableau and Power BI, crunching big data with Alteryx or willing to learn these skills on the flow? Are you the next gen financial controller who understands that bookkeeping knowledge is essential to accelerate in order to make impact? Then this is the role which needs you.
Please note that we are looking for a Dutch speaking candidate, since your stakeholders communicate in Dutch.
The job itself
As a financial controller, you focus on financial control for all real estate, rent and investment related processes for Albert Heijn, Etos and Gall & Gall. Part of the job is financial control and is done in close cooperation with business control and business itself. You are the linking pin between them and our outsourced administration office.
The other part of the job will be related to improvement of different processes for the real estate business. Furthermore, your accounting knowledge will be valuable to apply to complex transactions.
Next to this, you will be given the chance to really make a deepdive in the financial world of Albert Heijn.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
The financial control team is part of the Finance & Accounting team (F&A) within Business Services Finance. F&A is consisting of multiple brand and process teams. The aim of F&A is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to. Besides this we offer the following:
- A diverse and challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Working in the dynamic and continuously changing and evolving environment of Albert Heijn and Ahold Delhaize, in a team with a great mix of both experienced and young professionals;
- An environment where development of content knowledge and personal skills are an integral part of work, and with career opportunities in the wider Ahold Delhaize Finance organization;
- A great work-life balance, where overtime is something exceptionale;
- Being part of a young and dynamic Albert Heijn finance community;
- Development of your skills with advanced toolings (Alteryx/Tableau/PowerBI).
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You supplement this ambition with:
- A university degree in accounting, business studies or business economics or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2-6 years of experience in finance, accounting or auditing, preferably in financial controlling or one of the big 4 accounting firms;
- IFRS knowledge is a requirement, were we are looking for someone with an accounting background;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both written and verbally).
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Financial Controller, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in the Netherlands.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply via the website only, because we can monitor progress from every candidate.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.