Do you enjoy providing valuable insights and solving complex problems? Are you convinced every process can be improved? Are you the valuable counterpart to business control?
The job itself
We are looking for an enthusiastic controller who is eager to improve processes and provide valuable insights. You make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- being a member of the AH Online and New Markets team and play a key role in the financial closing process.
- beinig are responsible from sales to EBIT and have the goal to master the brand specifics as well as understanding the general financial flows.
- Working as the linking pin with many stakeholders for your brand.
- coordinating the financial administration with our finance service provider, discuss results and be the sparring partner for the business controllers, and coordinate optimizations and changes with the finance projects teams.
- in addition, providing management with valuable insights and opportunites for improving financial control by making use of data analytic and BI tools.
Your new office
As Financial Controller at Business Services Finance (BSF) you will be working at and with Ahold Delhaize. Approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. On a somewhat smaller scale, you will be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. By working together to improve every day and through innovation, we reinforce our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce. This is also how we build on trusted local brands. Strong brands that offer a great deal of knowledge, experience and impact.
BSF is part of the Global Business Services organization within Ahold Delhaize. BSF provides services such as Finance & Accounting (F&A), HR administration, Recruitment (AD Career Center) and Not for Resale (NFR) sourcing to its retail brands in Europe and the US.
The goal of Business Services is to provide a wide range of operational and support services and to drive down costs and unlock savings. As such, Business Services enables each brand to focus on and drive business performance to deliver Ahold Delhaize’s objectives.
The team you would be part of
One of the BSF teams is Finance & Accounting Operations (F&A Ops), consisting of multiple brand and process teams. The aim is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A diverse and challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Working in the dynamic and continuously changing and evolving environment of Ahold Delhaize, in a team with a great mix of both experienced and young professionals;
- A great work-life balance, where overtime is not something we set as the standard and where healthy co-workers are of great interest to us;
- The Opportunity to build further competencies and develop your personal networks;
- An environment where development of content knowledge and personal skills are an integral part of work, and with career opportunities in the wider Ahold Delhaize Finance organization.
Besides good primary employment benefits, we also offer great secondary benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with a great pension plan;
- Nice bonus in the form of profit sharing;
- Grocery discount at Albert Heijn and samples! At our head office we get the chance to test/taste samples of products on a regular basis.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are bursting with ambition to keep up with us. And specifically for this vacancy as a Financial Controller, you are skilled at a proactive mindset and strong analytical skills. You supplement these skills with:
- a university degree in business studies or business economics or equivalent.
- a C1 /NT2 or fluent level of Dutch and English (both written and verbally).
- a minimum of 2-6 years of experience in finance, preferably in financial controlling, data analytics and/or business controlling. Our ideal candidate has experience within a large and complex organization and also has experience in the newest IT tooling kits as mentioned below.
- Some experience in participating in projects and a passion for big data, tech and process improvement.
- Experience as Financial Analyst, business analyst or Financial Accountant is an advantage.
- Experience with Tableau, Hyperion and/or Microsoft Power BI is an advantage.
As a person you will bring the following key competences with you:
- Business partnering and proactive mindset, motivated to transfer data into insights;
- A team player, the ability to connect with people easily and to inspire others with your ideas.
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Financial Controller will be part of a great and dynamic F&A Ops team. Apply now with resume an cover letter and best before the 26th of April.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via +316 82 48 28 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.