Your new job and office
For the Operating Expenditures (Opex) team at Albert Heijn, we are looking for our next generation Financial Controller. Do you combine your finance knowledge with a continuous drive to improve processes? Then this is your next job!
Note that we are looking for a Dutch speaking candidate with a stong interest in with payroll processes. It is a plus when you already have experience in these kinds of processes.
As Financial Controller for Albert Heijn, you will be part of an energetic team of financial controllers who are continuously focused on improvements of periodic closing processes and automation via our in-house RPA-factory. By doing so, we have time left to discover and implement new toolings, such as advanced data crunching tools (Alteryx) and transfer this data into valuable information via BI toolings (Tableau/PowerBI).
You will be responsible for periodic closings of payroll by coordinating with our back-office teams in the Netherlands, Poland and India. Daily contact with your business controllers at Albert Heijn is essential to make sure the financials are in line with financial guidelines (IFRS) and that they are able to get the right financial insights in their Payroll Expenses.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
The team you would be part of
For this role you will be working for Albert Heijn. The Finance controlling team ‘Albert Heijn Operating Expenses’ is part of the Finance & Accounting team (F&A) within Business Services Finance. F&A is organized via multiple brand and process teams. The aim of F&A is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, being a knowledge center on financial processes and services and business partnering with our business controlling.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. Besides this we offer the following:
- A competitive gross annual salary with a max of €77.500 including holiday allowance, ex bonus;
- Lots of vacation days so that you can spend time with family and friends;
- Nice bonus in the form of profit sharing; and
- Grocery discount at Albert Heijn.
Besides good employment benefits, we also offer other great benefits such as:
- A great work-life balance, where overtime is not something we set as the standard and where healthy co-workers are of great interest to us;
- Being part of a young and dynamic Albert Heijn finance community;
- Development of your skills with advanced toolings (Alteryx/Tableau/PowerBI);
- Dynamic carreer environment, enabling you for future opportunities in Finance;
- The opportunity to build further competencies and develop your personal networks; and
- Future career opportunities within international retail environment (inside or outside the Finance department).
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. As our new Financial Controller, you are bursting with ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with the following qualities:
- Curious personality who is willing to learn;
- University degree in Economics/business studies or equivalent;
- At least 4-6 years of experience as a financial controller or within a reporting/accounting role;
- Payroll financial controlling experience is a plus, but not required. We ask that you learn fast and make this your second nature;
- Fluent in Dutch (required!) and English, both written and verbally;Alteryx or Tableau/Power BI experience is a plus.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Financial Controller Payroll, have influence over the most renowned Retail markets in the Netherlands.
Would you like to learn more first before you apply to this position? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Partner, will be happy to tell you all about the vacancy via email@example.com Please do not apply via this email address!
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Financial Controller Payroll at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be similar to this one;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Since we are looking for a new colleague as soon as possible, the vacancy will close on Sunday January 24 23:59. Don't wait untill the last minute to apply, since we are also screening resumes prior to this date.