Responsible for our corporate ledgers and processes (improvements), you are a financial controller who enjoys working on process management, besides the traditional financial control tasks. With your accuracy and great wit, you could be the refreshing new team member we are looking for. And with your fluency in Dutch as well as English, you can communicate in a dynamic environment.
The job itself.
The key areas of responsibility of the Corporate Accounting team are:
- Financial control and reporting on the ledgers for the parent company, intermediate holding companies and finance entities;
- Support to Group Tax, Group Treasury and Group Legal in their optimization of the corporate structure.
- Financial control services to the business controller GSO for management information on GSO overhead cost and IT (project) spend and preparing budgets.
Currently, Corporate Accounting is responsible for 34 legal entities with various degrees of complexity. It is also the center of expertise for treasury accounting and intercompany cross-charging.
As Financial controller or Specialist Corporate Accounting, you support the realization of our periodic, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and ensure implementation of up to date technical knowledge of accounting guidelines. You make an impact in this role by:
- being responsible for accounting transactions, implementation of new processes and structures and the cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- ensuring that accounting ledgers are maintained for assigned corporate entities in accordance with Ahold Delhaize processes, procedures and accounting principles.
- ensuring that sub processes instrumental to the accounting of the corporate entities are properly maintained.
- supporting the preparation of financial statements of assigned entities under local GAAP and local requirements.
Your new office
Your new workplace will be at our head office, right next to the Zaandam train station. More specifically, on the 7th floor in the Corporate Accounting team.
As Financial controller, you will be part of Ahold Delhaize and its great local brands. Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million customers each week in Europe, the United States and Indonesia. Our brands are at the forefront of sustainable retailing, sourcing responsibly, supporting local communities and helping customers make healthier choices. We operate in a rapidly changing and highly competitive industry. We have a strong balance sheet with attractive returns to shareholders and a strong free cash flow generation with disciplined capital allocation.
Our Global Support Office (GSO) consists of support functions that help Ahold Delhaize’s brands improve the quality of their services. The GSO focuses on four areas:
- Setting functional strategies, solutions and policies;
- Providing subject matter expertise and building capability;
- Facilitating the sharing of best practice;
- Implementing policies and guidelines where they add value.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a diverse, challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver desired results.
- working in the dynamic international environment with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
- flexible working hours.
- an excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 5.3%.
- reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- 25 vacation days and 19 extra (work-reduction) days off, with the option of having the extra days off paid out.
- vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- options to take paid training and education programs.
- a laptop and phone.
- a 10%-discount on your groceries at our Albert Heijn stores up to €300 per year.
- regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
For this role we are looking for someone with affinity of intercompany accounting, loan administration, some treasury knowledge (swaps, foreign exchange) and some experience of inhouse banks.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are ambitious to keep up with us. And specifically for this vacancy as a Financial controller, you are skilled at delivering a critical and analytical mindset and an eye for detail and accuracy.
You supplement these skills with:
- a minimum a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or other financial oriented studies.
- the ability to communicate effectively in Dutch as well as in English.
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience, preferably as (junior) Financial Controller for example.
- good general knowledge of general accounting principles and guidelines under IFRS.
- the ability to work strongly independently and also in a small team.
- a hands-on mentality and service driven mindset.
- knowledge of SAP and/or PeopleSoft, but this is a plus.
Seeing is believing. That is true for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Financial Controller will be part of a great and dynamic Corporate Accounting team. Apply now with resume an cover letter.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.