Responsible for the global strategic sourcing and management of IT and development, management and tracking of IT sourcing to minimize costs while ensuring delivery against strategic needs. This is a key role on the global IT Sourcing Team, this leader often sets or assists in developing the organizations’ strategies for the region/OpCo activities in IT. Success in this position will allow the company to improve our long-term competitive advantage through minimizing our IT cost structure and drive meaningful innovation.
This role aims to create a sustainable competitive advantage for Ahold Delhaize’s (IT) organization through ensuring on time and in full availability of IT goods and services, delivery of bottom line savings and providing excellent customer service to internal stakeholders globally.
The Global Category Consultant operates within the relevant Bill of Authority and Governance framework. The Global Category Consultant executes sourcing in line with business process. Ways of working of the Global Category Consultant needs to be compliant with the Ahold Delhaize Control Memoranda.
The Global Category Consultant supports the development of a Long-Term Plan in the form of the category sourcing strategy for his/her category. He/she will keep track of a projects pipeline, makes sure budgets are met and has a sharp eye for opportunity identification in the form of industry best practices and benchmarks.
The Global Category Consultant understands the supply market (macroeconomics developments, supplier developments, material and service developments), understands the impact of these developments on Ahold Delhaize and translates the relevant developments into actions for the Ahold Delhaize globally in alignment with the relevant stakeholders.
The Global Category Consultant reports into the Regional IT Sourcing Lead in the region s/he’s based. The Global Category Consultant has strong working relationships with business stakeholders, business controllers, the IT Controller(s) and with IT Sourcing colleagues.
- Master’s Degree/MBA and 4-6 years relevant experience;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic Planning
- Previous sourcing, negotiation experience
- Excellent oral and/or written communication skills
- Traveling: 30-40% (with flexibility if more is needed)
- We are searching for candidates based in the Netherlands
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
What do we offer?
- International job with impact and significant responsibilities
- Excellent benefits
- Career opportunities within an international retail environment
- Cost Savings Leadership; Provide leadership and oversight for spend globally with a goal of lowering total cost of ownership for our company. Responsible for reducing cost to acquire goods and services that are IT. Establishes processes, procedures and policies for the handling of IT sourcing within the organization while supporting stakeholders needs. This includes sourcing ,vendor negotiation and vendor relationship and performance management.
- Achieving Category Vision;
- Strategic LTP; Responsible for planning, managing and executing against annual and LTP strategic IT sourcing calendar of the respective category to deliver annual cost savings equal or greater than targets defined between IT Sourcing leadership and Executive Leadership.
- Collaboration;This position will collaborate with senior stakeholders to identify unaddressed spend and work with the owners of the spend to obtain support and approvals to build teams of business stakeholder representatives and move forward with sourcing initiatives.
- Category Plan; Develop a continuous comprehensive multi-year category plan with a strategy to achieve our long-term goals in thedefined IT category. Execute against continuous improvement model for how we will manage the It Category over the long term. This includes evaluating performance relative to financial, risk management, productivity measurements, and the marketplace.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Maria José Molina Mesa, Talent Acquisition Lead IT can tell you a lot more about this position via email@example.com
Please note that we are improving our own candidate experience and therefore do not appreciate any acquisition attempts from employment agencies, besides the ones we approach ourselves.
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.