Are you an experienced consultant in digital strategy and digital transformation? Have you had experience driving corporate strategy at the highest levels within an organization? We invite you to make your mark on one of the largest and most diverse retailers in the world
In this strategic management role you will lead, build and operationalize our digital strategy across Europe and the United States. You will learn and develop fundamental skills around how to develop effective strategy, how to drive eCommerce and omnichannel growth, and how to manage a multi-billion euro global business. You will also help develop Ahold Delhaize’s enterprise corporate strategy, assisting in the development, execution and communication of our corporate strategy to our management and supervisory boards, our executive committee, as well as across all of our retail brands. Digital and omnichannel is at the heart of a core transformation at Ahold Delhaize, here you will play a key role in ensuring Ahold Delhaize is at the forefront of key consumer and industry shifts. As our Global Digital Strategy Manager you will keep track of trends and commercial developments that could impact our business. You will also develop strategies and new business opportunities that will drive growth in this increasingly digital-first world. Lastly, you will link these strategic initiatives to our financial plan and ensure integration across all of our brands, regions and functions.
Your new office
With around 370,000 employees worldwide who serve more than 50 million customers per week, Ahold Delhaize plays a significant role in the lives of many across the globe. On a slightly smaller scale you will work with 1,500 colleagues in the Netherlands, living our purpose and our values every day. Through teamwork, courage and a little bit of humor, we will continue to grow our trusted local brands.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 8th floor within the strategy department, to be precise. Everything you do together with your colleagues is immediately visible in our stores and at people's homes. Curious about the people you work with directly? You will work with stakeholders such as the Executive Committee members, functional/regional/brand senior executives and key strategy associates across Europe and the US. In this role you will report into the VP and Global Head of Strategy, Digital Strategy and Business Development. You will navigate through a complex organization that consists of multiple seniority levels, countries, languages and cultures. For this reason you will quickly develop advanced diplomatic skills and the ability to communicate at an executive level.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- a competitive gross monthly salary
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
- 20 vacation days.
- A budget choice which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days, discounts or pay-outs.
- the possibility to attend training courses at our expense.
- a bonus on top of your salary.
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products.
At Ahold Delhaize you will work for one of the largest retailers in the world. To keep up with us you are bursting with ambition, a self-starter, and you are able to push through any ambiguity. Specifically for this Global Digital Strategy Manager vacancy, you will have excellent communications skills, strategic acumen and experience, and the ability to solve problems quickly. You complete this with:
- a bachelor's degree. MBA is preferred, but not required.
- between 3 and 5 years of work experience in a consulting firm or in the retail industry across corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business operations, finance and/or business development.
- an additional 1 to 4 years of work experience and/or advanced degrees.
- the ability to successfully create and communicate (written and verbal) complex strategic insights and the company strategy at an executive level.
- logical structuring skills, problem decomposition and solutioning.
- a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude for taking on new roles and responsibilities.
- experience managing projects, key stakeholders and workstreams.
- experience developing and executing senior leadership meetings and workshops.
- the ability to develop quantitative analysis and financial models in Excel.
- experience in performing external research and driving external and internal stakeholder interviews.
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and certainly to our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace and role will be as a Global Digital Strategy Manager, where you will have influence over one of the most famous of global retail brands. Apply now, and certainly before March 31st.
Want to know more before you apply for our role of Global Digital Strategy Manager? Denise Birksteiner, Talent Acquisition Specialist for Digital, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com.