What will you do?
With your experience in diversity and inclusion, you play a critical role in advancing our company by creating and implementing new strategies that ultimately create great customer experiences.
In this role you work closely with our strong local brands to improve and innovate every day and reinforce our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce. We are seeking bold thought leaders who are recognized as partners for our brands, developing great solutions in an agile way. Team members are engaged in creative design, program delivery, and project management and have exposure to Talent, Leadership and Diversity experts across our international footprint as well as with our top leadership. This makes Ahold Delhaize a better neighbor in our communities, a better place to shop for our customers and a better place to work for our associates.
As Global Diversity and Inclusion Consultant you make an impact with these critical activities:
- develop and embed innovative D&I strategies in close partnership with local brands.
- implement, organize, monitor, adjust and report on Ahold Delhaize’s Diversity and Inclusion processes and practices, including external partnerships.
- develop inspiring D&I communication plans focused on culture and inclusion, connected to our Ahold Delhaize employer value proposition.
- co-create and execute talent management practices including talent planning, assessments and workforce planning, ensuring D&I focus is incorporated.
- co-create, develop and deliver Ahold Delhaize learning and development curriculum for associates and management, including needs analyses and evaluation/continuous improvement.
- Professional expertise in the design and (further) development of a set of Talent, Leadership and Diversity tools and programs, specifically impacting Diversity and Inclusion objectives;
- Awareness of HR and business developments and ability to share knowledge and best practices, creating alignment with colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
Your new office
As Global Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, you will be working at and across Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We work together to improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
Your new workplace will be at our bustling head office, right next to Zaandam train station. More specifically, on the 7th floor in the GSO Human Resources department. Everything you do with your colleagues impacts the associates in our stores and for our customers. Curious who you will be working with directly? Vera, Anke and Emma share responsibilities across Learning, Talent and Leadership within the team.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. As we work together to build our brands as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a gross monthly salary of € 5.053 - € 6.317, based on own experience and the experience of peers;
- flexible working hours and options to work from home;
- an excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 5.3%;
- reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam;
- twenty + vacation days as well as a Personal Budget (Keuzebudget) for you to decide whether to spend it on extra vacation days, discounts or a payout;
- options to take paid training and education programs;
- a bonus on top of your salary;
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- a laptop and phone;
- a 10%-discount on your shopping at our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year;
- regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are bursting with ambition to keep up with us. And specifically for this vacancy as a Global Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, you are skilled at project management and strong analytical skills. You supplement these skills with:
- a Bachelor or Master degree in HR related field.
- expertise in innovative Talent, Leadership and Diversity strategies and tactics. Experience in Diversity and Inclusion is required.
- experience in developing and deploying progressive associate-facing solutions and be able to create “influence without authority”.
- the ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, agile work environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in a multinational retail HR environment.
- a fluency in English; Dutch is a plus.
- strong analytical skills, able to simplify / analyze complex data and draw accurate conclusions and recommendations.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create persuasive arguments and simple messages and produce good first drafts (of responses, statements, executive communications, etc.).
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across diverse cultures, countries, and brands.
- the ability to function with high pressure work situations and maintain confidentiality.
- the ability to be a team player, able to work successfully within and across different levels in the organization.
Please know that, for this role, it is neccesary to move to Zaandam, the Netherlands.
What we offer
- A diverse, challenging job that combines great networking, communication, analytical and Talent skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience and diverse cultural backgrounds;
- An excellent benefits package.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Global Diversity and Inclusion Consultant, have influence in the most renowned retail markets in partner countries. Apply now, but in any case by no later than the 1st of March.
Want to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist, will be happy to tell you all about the vacancy, at Sebastiaan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.