Your new job and office
Do you have experience in high-calibre executive recruitment? Do you want to contribute to the success of our in-house executive search activities and bring the best executive talent to our organization? Then, you might be our future Global Executive Search Recruiter.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
- Manage and support full-cycle executive search assignments across all Ahold Delhaize companies and brands;
- Identify and recruit VP+ prospects by executing various the search strategies;
- Become a primary point person for all Ahold Delhaize executive referrals;
As Global Executive Search Recruiter, you will combine external research, proactive recruiting, assessment and relationship-building skills to deliver top-tier service and value to the executive hiring teams. You will work closely with the VP of Global Executive Search to execute the most senior-level search assignments, focusing on acquiring business knowledge and candidate pipelines. In this role, you will continuously develop thorough search strategies to meet the needs of Ahold Delhaize’s Brands & Functions (both in Europe as well as the United States) while constructing target lists of companies (source environments), identifying and attracting prospects, (assisting with) writing professional job descriptions, completing search progress reports, and documenting candidate qualifications and references. You will also capture and communicate market trends, industry information and other applicable intelligence to senior leadership in support of an overarching talent sourcing strategy.
Taking on this challenge is highly impactful because of your contribution to Ahold Delhaize’s talent agenda. You will focus on strengthening the executive succession plans for the most critical executive roles and upgrading executive talent in line with the company’s growth plans and Ahold Delhaize’s business strategy. This will also entail the building & activation of unique and innovative “executive talent scouting” programs so that Ahold Delhaize will be in a position to attract and acquire “ready now” and “ready future” executive-level talent.
What do we offer?
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What does that translate to in this role?
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: coaching programs, plenty of growth opportunities and attractive, cross-brand career options
- Flexible working hours, the freedom to work from (basically) wherever, or to choose a hybrid mix
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage inspires growth and dares to care
We welcome a caring colleague who:
- Has over five years of executive-level recruiting within a retained external search firm or a corporate executive recruiting function within a multi-billion dollar/euro global corporation;
- Is strategic in nature and can develop and deliver on a unique and leading-edge style of executive recruiting.
- Can independently develop executive recruiting strategies
- Is fully knowledgeable of executive recruiting techniques, recruitment plan development, sourcing methods and executive compensation strategies.
- Is a truly engaging recruiter with the ability to establish rapport quickly, engage challenging executives and develop trusting relationships.
- Graduated on a bachelor’s level or higher
- Has the ability to speak & write English fluently. Fluency in Dutch is beneficial but not mandatory.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands, we broadly define diversity as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Hopefully, soon at your new home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station.