Software Asset Management (SAM) at Ahold Delhaize functions as a second line of defense to ensure efficient and compliant software usage across our global operating companies. It is the responsibility of you and your team to design and implement audit-proof control and monitoring systems for all our software assets throughout their lifecycle.
With success, you develop strategies that address software asset control. You ensure the development and communication of corporate SAM policies, standards, guidelines, and processes. Your team regularly checks whether we are meeting the agreed conditions with our primary vendors (IBM, SAP, Microsoft, and Oracle) and whether we follow internal rules and regulations. You are also responsible for identifying market trends and for pro-actively adapting SAM strategies. You are in the lead for providing sound advice and guidance to both your team and the broader organization.
As Global SAM Director, make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- Designing, implementing, and evolving the global SAM program. You establish the vision, strategy, policies, and organizational objectives for SAM and assign roles and responsibilities within our global enterprise.
- Proving compliance, limiting risks, and guiding optimization on the overall software usage, thereby becoming trusted internally and strategically. You create a precise method of ensuring reliable SAM data.
- Initiating influential relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, and partners at the senior management level.
- Having oversight of all global and continental operating companies and brand software contracts, including all third party operational control.
- Being an active and participating member of the broader GSO IT Leadership Team.
Your new office
At Ahold Delhaize, you with around 370,000 employees worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. Together, we strengthen our pioneering role and build trusted local brands. You will manage a global team of four, based in the US, the Netherlands, and Belgium. Your team also interacts will local SAM counterparts within our operating companies. Each of your team members focusses on a different operating company as well as one big vendor. Several external advisors also support the team. You report to the CIO of the Global Support Office.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- A permanent contract and a gross annual base salary of around € 100k.
- An attractive bonus scheme, on top of your salary.
- A lease car allowance and an office parking space.
- An excellent pension plan.
- Twenty vacation days, plus a personal budget to spend on vacation days (12,5 extra) discounts or pay-outs.
- A laptop and telephone.
- Expense allowance.
At Ahold Delhaize, you work for one of the largest retailers in the world. To keep up with us, you are bursting with enthusiasm. And specifically, for this vacancy of Global SAM Director, you are great at people management, building relationships, and influencing without authority. With those skills, you will win the hearts and minds of those around you to adopt best practices and provide you with the right information.
These competencies are vital since our brands traditionally run their own IT departments and hand over parts of their scope to the GSO when it makes sense. To get your best practices adopted, you will need to show their added value in the right way. Therefore, one of our requirements for this job is that you have thrived within a similar context before. You complete this with:
- a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience in software asset management, or in a combination of IT, legal, audit, and finance roles. In detail:
- IT: (software, hardware, infrastructure, hardware and software virtualization, networking, user access, multiplexing, RBAC, and security).
- Contract law, privacy law, and local law.
- Finance (controlling, budgeting, and cross-charging).
- Auditing (IT audit, license audit, financial audit, control frameworks, and operational audit).
- 5+ years within a management role, preferably for a geographically spread team.
- A proven track record of successfully promoting and implementing change on a global scale.
- Willingness to travel overseas about once per quarter.
Nice to haves:
- Audit experience with one or more of the Big 4 accounting firms and registration as Auditor (RA, RE, or RO).
- Knowledge of SAM on SAP.
Have we caught your interest? Apply now, and certainly before the 20th of July. We want to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position?
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize and the GSO?
- Please indicate one of your strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Partner a.i., is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org.