Your new job and office
When people start working for a new employer, they need to develop a connection with their new team, their manager and the organization as a whole. For most people it can take a while before they understand their new surroundings, get to know their way around, and truly feel at home in their new workspace. This holds true in normal circumstances, but what happens when you start work or switch jobs during a global pandemic?
At the Ahold Delhaize Global Support Office (GSO) HR team, we are looking for a Master’s student Intern for a special research (graduation) project.
This is what you need to know
During your internship you will help us to get an understanding of the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on associates who joined our organization, and how it has affected our way of working. Through your research and data analysis, you will look for answers and future recommendations to questions like: How did new associates experience their recruitment and onboarding process? How have new associates built a connection to our organization, their work and colleagues, without regularly being in a face-to-face office environment?
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups. A leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 54 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. We are dedicated to helping customers eat well, save time and live better.
As our HR intern, you will be working as part of the Ahold Delhaize GSO HR team, based at Ahold Delhaize’s headquarters in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. On a somewhat smaller scale, you will be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam (and at home). Due to the current situation, our employees are partly working from home.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and topical research project with a minimum duration of 6 months per September 2021;
- A lot of responsibility and room for own initiatives (encouraged);
- An internship in which you will also be able to work on other projects and get real working experience;
- A good internship- and travel allowance (450-500 euro per month plus travel allowance).
- A Master’s student, typically with a (Work and Organizational) Psychology, Human Resource Management, or Sociology background (open to other fields as well);
- You’re proactive, have strong analytical skills and can effortlessly translate complex information into clear messages, presentations and recommendations;
- You’re able to work both as part of a team and independently, you are flexible and do not shy away from working hard in order to complete a challenge;
- You have strong communicative skills in both English and Dutch (optional);
- You can start your internship in September 2021.
Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our headquarters in Zaandam. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now, but in any case, by no later than 28th of March.
We kindly ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions
- Why would you like to do this internship at Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this internship position, and what kind of skills do you bring for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop during this internship?
- What research questions would you consider relevant to answer during the course of your internship?
Would you like to learn more before you apply? Elmer Schaap will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via Elmer.Schaap@Aholddelhaize.com. General questions about internships can be sent to email@example.com