Your new job and office
Our team: Data Differentiation Platform (DDP)
In our data platform teams we design, build and operate all the technology that Albert Heijn, Etos,
Gall & Gall data product development teams need to deliver great Data products to our customers and businesses. We are building a self service platform with a focus on business value, quality, security, compliance and automation. We run our data platform on Azure, and use technologies like ADLS, AKS, Databricks, EventHub, Synapse, SQLServer, DevOps, Terraform, BICEPS, Python, Bash, Git, ELK and more.
In other words Team DDP empowers data-led decision making for Albert Heijn, Etos and Gall & Gall.
BI & Reporting is part of DDP and is all about providing a large number of users with reports and data sets for (self-service) BI that are vital to their business processes. BI & reporting operates a central Oracle data warehouse, with 3000 daily pipelines, and thousands of users; a Tableau environment with 1800 users; a PowerBI self-service environment with more than 60 workspaces.
As our new Head of Tech for you will be responsible for all BI & Reporting services. In this role you will report to the DDP Platform Director.
You will be responsible for:
• Strategy and policies for the data warehouse, reporting and self-service BI environments
• Aligning with platform and enterprise architecture
• The operations (availability, performance, quality, compliancy) of all BI and reporting technology and solutions
• Life cycle management of the data warehouse with a specific focus on migration to the cloud
• Development roadmap and setting priorities for the development teams
• Stakeholder management and vendor management
• Consultancy: guiding business stakeholders regarding the effective use of BI and reporting products (including self-service BI).
• Innovative mindset, team player, motivator
• Strong leadership and management skills and experience
• Strong stakeholder and vendor management skills
• Excellent communicative skills
• Relevant experience with Agile and release management in a complex (multi-vendor)
• Relevant Master’s degree plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant management experience within the data domain
• Knowledge and experience with budgeting and cost responsibility processes
• Proven knowledge of recent and modern applied architectures, techniques, methods, products, and services in the BI/Data Engineering domain (1)
• English professional working proficiency, Dutch is an asse
(1) Some additional information on knowledge and experience:
Storage & Models: Data models, Kimball, Model, normalization, de-normalization, facts, dimensions, logical models, operational models, science models, OLAP models, MDM, industry models
Processing: Data processing, ETL, ELT, batch, NRT, incremental, late arriving facts, SLA, monitoring, data quality, data lineage
Reporting, Dashboarding, publishing mechanisms, operational reporting,
analysis reporting, what happened, why it happened, what will happen, financial models
Databases, SQL, ADLS, XML, Oracle, Cosmos, Relational, Flatfile, NoSQL, ADF, Databricks, Kafka
User access, group access, role-based security, row level security, hashing, encryption, levels of confidentiality, privacy data, GDPR, data ownership
What do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross base salary up to € 115K (incl holiday pay) plus a bonus on top of your salary
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours; hybride working from home and in office
- An excellent pension plan where Ahold is contributing over 4 times your contribution
- A company laptop and smartphone.
Our company: Albert Heijn Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We want to leverage data and technology to
future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring.
So, what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
.Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z and beyond.