Your new job and office
Do you want to be responsible for the rapid resolution (mitigation of impact customers and/or business) of major incidents? And is developing Dashboards and or automation to make processes easier and faster what makes you tick? This position might be the right job for you!
Hi, we're Albert Heijn, omnichannel food retailer
Whether people shop online or go to a physical store, 'Albert Heijn' is a welcome guest in 5 million households. This is a major social responsibility; our aim is to continue to inspire customers to eat healthily, easily, enjoyably and affordably. Rapidly changing customer preferences call for a continuous rethinking of our propositions and positioning. The transition from physical to online shopping driven by Covid-19 is a case in point. Choosing Albert Heijn means choosing a flexible setting, where change is the only constant and everything you do impacts the lives of millions of customers. Are you up to the challenge? Welcome to the omnichannel food retailer.
Making a difference to the customer as an Incident Commander
As Incident Commander within the Customer Technology Platform, you are responsible for the rapid resolution (mitigation of impact customers and/or business) of major incidents. In addition, you are developing Dashboards and or automation to make the processes easier and faster. Thanks to your input, everyone in the department is aware of the up-to-date processes and you ensure timely communication in case something is broken. You also ensure that these processes are supported with tools and technology that you can develop yourself.
As an Incident Commander you make your presence felt by:
- Continuously improving the processes with regard to Incident Command and spread this knowledge by providing training. With the aim of making each Incident a learning moment, so that it can either no longer occur or can be solved even faster;
- Being able to independently manage major incidents and, together with involved resolution teams, ensure minimal impact for customers and business;
- Helping the team with the creation of Dashboards, Alerting and further automation of Incident Processes such as communication to stakeholders and teams;
- Creating real information from the many data available that has added value for business and IT, for example with ChatOps;
- Initiating continuous improvements to solve incidents structurally or make us able to identify incidents before any impact occurs;
At Albert Heijn we work with the latest technologies and innovative solutions such as Kubernetes, CI/CD, Github actions etc. The entire platform is in Azure and is a state of the art scalable platform. There is an open development culture, with room for your ideas, you get ownership, and we expect our own initiative. You are really a spider in the web and have to deal with different departments and levels within the organization.
You will be part of the AH Customer Tech Platform and more specifically the Enabling cluster. We work daily on ah.nl, the iOS/Android App and more. Within the Enabling cluster, we work on various matters to ensure that product teams can focus primarily on delivering customer value. Our focus is mainly on automation. The team makes sure that if something breaks, we quickly fix it together again. We hate it when customers or our own business has an impact of a disruption. There is no blame culture, we roll up our sleeves and fix the problem. Afterwards we look together where we can improve. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for a high-impact job
- The perks that come with the job: a competitive salary, attractive bonus scheme, a travel allowance, laptop and smartphone.
- Generous pension scheme (6.2% personal contribution) and discount on (among other things) insurance policies.
- 20 days’ holiday entitlement, plus 12.5 days on a discretionary basis. Take it, exchange it for discounts or have it paid out in full? You choose.
- A setting in which learning from your peers is an everyday reality and your personal and professional development is continuously encouraged.
- An employer that combines the best of both worlds: the opportunities you associate with a corporate plus the autonomy and drive to innovate that characterize scale-ups.
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you:
- Have a technical higher professional education or master's degree, preferably in Information Technology.
- Have about 4-6 years of relevant work experience in which you have proven your added value in roles as Incident Manager, Incident Commander or DevOps Engineer within a complex technology environment.
- Have deep knowledge of Incident management (ITIL).
- Have experience with Grafana, Flutter, JS Each, Jira/Confluence.
- Have knowledge of OpsGenie and ServiceNow is an advantage.
- Are used to working with time-critical deadlines, and able to evaluate and improve processes.
- Have great communication skills in English. Dutch is a major advantage.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. What exactly do we have to offer? What challenges will you need to overcome? And which colleagues will you be doing that with? Micha Lekawael will be pleased to tell you all about the role, the impact and the benefits via email@example.com.
Oh, and because of Corona, we currently only serve virtual coffee/tea at our talks.
Apply and discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!