Your new job and office
As Intelligence Officer your main objective is to strengthen the position of our sourcing community with fact-based analysis and actionable insights, in order to drive savings delivery. Your qualities lie in preparing detailed datasets via strong analyses of the market as well as consult on business decisions. Being an important part of the team, you drive, enable and manage strategic decision-making of the category teams and stakeholder field in Europe, built on these fact-based analysis and actionable insights. With this valuable info, we as a team, are able to improve our current services.
Are you interested in working in an international procurement field, where you investigate better opportunities? Then this could be a role fit for you.
Your job within NFR, as part of Ahold Delhaize
In this role you will be part of identifying innovations within the procurement market, consult on your findings in close corporation with our category managers and optimize end to end lifecycle processes.
The job consists of the following four responsibilities.
Market and supplier Intelligence (30% of your job), where you provide actionable insights to our stakeholders:
- You analyze the market trends, commodity and labor prices, innovations and sustainability topics within selected categories. Based on these sources of information, you generate insights and create advisory reports;
- Also, you identify new and manage external data and insights of service providers, perform demand management for research requests and translate intelligence questions into analytics briefings, where you ensure research outcomes match insights requirements and summarize/translate these to actionable insights and ensure follow up;
- Perform supplier discovery (supplier identification, supplier profiling, benchmarking, market share, SWOT, etc.) and liaise with buying alliances.
Value Chain analysis (30% of your job) where you identify optimizations in our NfR supply chains :
- Manage the (development of a) Value Chain database in terms of actively, contributing to Value Chain Analysis (VCA) and managing VCA progress across category teams;
- You also map relevant value chains within the category, perform activity analysis (tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, …) and identify relevant cost drivers;
- Perform opportunity identification assessments and analyze regulatory environment, and perform (internal and external) benchmarks to assess costs, way of working and various sourcing models.
Should Cost modelling (20%): where you establish a fact based negotiation position
- Develop, update and maintain a Should Cost Model database, where you investigate the current prices versus the original ones.
Knowledge management (20%), where you increase our knowledge and our data sets:
- You manage our knowledge resources and assets by developing, updating and maintaining our Impact Dashboard and other self-service tooling and reports in Power BI;
- Foster optimal deployment of analytics capabilities by stakeholders, including coaching and training;
- You create consensus and acceptance of actionable insight proposals and create and maintain a ‘Specification library’ for selected categories.
Your new workplace- NFR D&I Team
Not for Resale sourcing (NfR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s save-4-our customer programs. Sourcing managers in Europe work together in cross-border category teams to run European and local sourcing events. The Development & Intelligence team (D&I) is a staff function within NFR sourcing that:
- Shapes the NFR department to unlock full European potential (Development scope);
- Equips the sourcing community with actionable insights to drive savings delivery (intelligence scope).
Every year the European NFR management team creates a list of strategic initiatives in different workstreams. The D&I team is responsible for the successful delivery of most of the projects on this strategic roadmap. Recent examples:
- Implementation of the EU Source-to-Settle policy;
- Uncovering value chains for the logistics category;
- Developing and implementing self service tooling for the sourcing crew, e.g. commodity price dashboard, supplier discovery reports, etc).
As Intelligence Officer you report to the Director of Development & Intelligence, who is also a member of the European NFR Management Team.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring position in an international (European) work environment;
- A dynamic and challenging job with various internal and external stakeholder;
- The ability to work in a small team and be part of a great Procurement playing field within a multinational retailer.
- A great work-life balance, where overtime is not something we set as the standard;
- The opportunity to build further competencies and develop your personal networks within our European brands;
- Future career opportunities within our international retail environment (inside or outside the NFR department).
Besides good primary employment benefits, we also offer great secondary benefits such as:
- a gross monthly salary up to € 4.000,- (per 40 hours) based on your experience level and the level of peers in the same role.
- 25,5 vacation days and 19,5 extra free time (ADV), so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- an excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 6.3%.
- reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- options to take paid training and education programs.
- guaranteed dividends as well as attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and phone (iPhone or Samsung).
- a 10%-discount on your groceries at our Albert Heijn stores up to €300 per year.
- regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
For this role experience in a similar role within an international setting helps you to be successful in this position. You complement this with:
- a master’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Data science, Data analytics, Finance, business administration).
- at least 3 years of relevant working experience, where experience in the analytics domain and/or consultancy is a welcoming plus;
- experience in complex multi-functional environment, where you take full ownership and work independently, with (some) supervision of your manager;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in fluent English and preferably Dutch.
Also, you possess the following key competences:
- Strong analytical skills to analyze large amounts of data;
- Data visualization and storytelling
- The ability to influence behavior and drive decision making
- A proactive mindset and curious by nature;
- The ability to work within a team that is constantly under development, where you have an independent role.
This is not a role for you if:
- You don’t like changes in your way of working and prefer a quiet place to work;
- You are looking for a position that is already there for years and all tasks are written down in a job spec;
- You are a traditional buyer/purchaser of products or services or only want to crunch data.
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and our office in Zaandam, perhaps your new workplace, where you, as an Intelligence Officer, can influence the most famous European food retail brands.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Partner can tell you a lot more about this position via email@example.com
Application process explained
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working within the Retail organization of Ahold Delhaize?
- What draws you to apply for the position of Intelligence Officer within a procurement setting;
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be a great addition to this one;
- What do you wish to improve or develop in your current skillset, work related or on a personal level.
Please apply via our website and do so before Wednesday February 21 at 23:59 CET. You can redirect your application to Sebastiaan Taling (Talent Acquisition Partner).
Note for recruitment agencies:
We appreciate your enthusiasm and think it’s great you noticed this vacancy ánd have the perfect fitted candidate for the job. We believe we can find this perfect candidate as well and have proven to be very successful in the past. Therefore, we only approach agencies ourselves and only with which we have a good understanding.