Your new job and office
Join the AI for Retail Lab at Ahold Delhaize to develop your skills into building our AIRLab proposition!
Your responsibilities would include communications activities in support of the AI for Retail Lab (AIR Lab) at Ahold Delhaize. At the AIR Lab, new technological solutions are explored and developed, and talent is attracted, developed and retained. Your day to day work would consist of: writing articles, editing videos, publishing content on our website, internal and external (social) media channels, research & analysis, supporting event production and some project management activities.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets and e- commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 54 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
You will find your new workplace at our AIR Lab. The AIR lab has locations in Delft and Amsterdam, but you will be based in Delft, the Netherlands. This facility is an expansion of Ahold Delhaize’s AIR Lab in Amsterdam and has been created in partnership with Delft University. The focus of the lab is to research the future of robotics and develop state-of-the-art innovations in the retail industry. However, due to COVID-19, we currently still work from home as much as possible.
You will work with a hybrid team (researchers, colleagues from different internal departments) to help us out communicating through our various channels. Check for example aiforretail.ai!
What do we offer?
- Interesting and versatile internship position for the duration of 5 to 6 months per April
- The ability to take on own responsibilities and room for own initiatives
- Insight into the department in which you can bring your own ideas to make improvements for both our stores and employees.
- Ability to gain real working experience
- Option of joining outings organized by Young Ahold Delhaize and the Internship Office
- Internship compensation of €450 – €500 per period ( plus compensation for travel expenses depending on your travel distance)
- There are no graduation possibilities with this internship position
You are energetic, pro-active and you have a track record that shows you can handle autonomy well! Also, you understand the importance of stakeholder management. You can achieve results effectively, and surprise your team with how you get things done, and the result of your actions!
Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our headquarters in Zaandam. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now, but in any case, by no later than 28th of March.
We kindly ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
1. Why would you like to do this internship at Ahold Delhaize?
2. Why do you think you will be successful in this internship position, and what kind of skills do you bring for this role?
3. What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop during this internship?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Joëlle Vlijm, Talent Acquisition Partner will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and Ahold Delhaize via firstname.lastname@example.org