For this internship you will be in touch with colleagues worldwide. You will gather information on possibilities to implement a system of risk analysis and due diligence, based on recent internal and external reports and other information.
Although it is a hands-on internship, there may be a possibility to combine it with a study assignment or thesis, depending on your availability.
The assignment/key result areas
- Develop one or more practical scenarios to implement a risk analysis and due diligence system in supply chains of Ahold Delhaize brands.
- Perform an analysis to define the scope of such a system
- Support the PI team on a case-by-case project basis
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is an international group of over 6,500 quality supermarkets based in the United States, Asia and Europe. The foundation of our company is selling great food – this is what we are known for and is our core business. We surprise our customers with a convenient and innovative shopping experience with a wide range of products and healthy choices. Our vision is to offer all of our stakeholders – our customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders, and the communities we serve – better choice, better value, better life, every day. We are committed to acting responsibly in all that we do.
The Product Integrity (PI) department at Ahold Delhaize Global Support Office (GSO PI) is responsible for issues related to the sourcing of safe and responsible products. This means looking at food and non-food safety, social compliance, and product environmental sustainability across the supply chain. The Product Integrity department implements the responsible product priorities within the Ahold Delhaize Product Integrity strategy.
Within the GSO PI department an interesting internship is now available with focus on risk analysis and due diligence in supply chains.
What do we offer?
- Challenging and interesting internship for a period of four to six months
- Introduction in a leading, international retail organization
- On-the-job training and support in product integrity issues
- Paid internship (€ 500 / 4 weeks) and travel expenses.
- Academic level: preferably in social sciences, business/supply chain or development studies
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge or experience in product and supplier responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Flexible, pro-active and independent
Please upload your resume, including grade transcripts of your university, and cover letter, including your motivation in English at www.werken-bij-aholddelhaize.nl. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact Leon Mol (Director Product Safety & Social Compliance, Ahold Delhaize) at email@example.com.