Help our global infrastructure projects to transition from build to run and to ensure seamless user experience for hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
As a Service Transition Manager, you ensure the soft landing of the global infrastructure programs. You will be part of a relatively young global IT department that aims to create synergies across all of our brands and countries. We’re quite proud of what we’ve already achieved over the past three years. An example of a recent project is the consolidation of Identity Access Management Services from five solutions to one global standard solution. This included a workable governance & service delivery model for a whopping 550k users. We’ve also recently rolled out the MS PowerApp platform. And there’s much more to come.
Since we’ve started pretty much greenfield, three years ago, we welcome your contribution to what we deliver but particularly also on how we provide. We’re looking for you if you see yourself as a lead within the team; someone who’s eager to share knowledge and improve our effectiveness as a team. You will be working with eight colleagues (Process Managers, other Transition, and Support Managers). As a lead, you chair meetings and act as a mentor for 3 to 4 external transition managers.
As a Service Transition Manager, you make an impact by:
- Implementing best in class ITIL service operations processes
- Collecting & validating non-functional Requirements with Service Delivery
- Drafting the service design model and managing the sign-off by x parties involved
- Acting as the liaison between the Program/Project Management and Service Delivery
- Identifying and targeting structural improvements in the operational IT processes, support-partner performance, and operational efficiency during transition.
Your new office
Working as an I&SD Service Transition Manager, you work with around 370,000 colleagues worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale, you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands, and approximately 150 within global IT. By leading together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 6th floor within the department of Global Support Office (GSO) department, to be precise. GSO sets global strategic frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practices, and encourages economies of scale for the entire organization. The position of Service Transition Manager is a position within the Ahold Delhaize GSO IT Infra & Service Delivery Organization.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours a week):
- a permanent contract and a gross annual salary up to €84k.
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- reimbursement of your travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- 20 vacation days, extendible to 32.5 days!
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts, or pay-outs.
- the possibility of attending training courses at our expense.
- an attractive bonus on top of your salary.
- discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- a 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
At Ahold Delhaize, you work for one of the largest retailers in the world. To keep up with us, you are bursting with ambition. Specifically, for this vacancy, you should be great at people management, project management, collaboration, and building relationships. With those skills, you will win the hearts and minds of those around you for adopting best practices. You complete this with: You supplement these skills with:
- Relevant degree (e.g., Business Administration, IT Management)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar operational IT role(s), of which 1+ year of experience in a similar lead role and leadership potential for future leadership
- ITIL Certified, with Incident & Request Management experience
- Experience in the IT Utilities or IT Applications domain, preferably in IT Operations or (IT) Security
- Experienced in working with IT Service Toolsets such as ServiceNow or BMC Remedy
- Comfortable with- and well versed in- Transition to Support and Service Introduction activities
- Reliable communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English
Seeing is experiencing, which applies to our stores and indeed to our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace, where you, as a Service Transition Manager, influence the most famous retail brands. Apply now! Also, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the GSO?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position?
- Please indicate one of your strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Specialist, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org.