Your new job and office
Own our Global IT project management tools, standards & processes. And be the driver of PPM training, onboarding, and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
As our IT PMO Governance & Process Manager, your goal is to ensure compliance with the project management standards and develop standards & processes. With success, you create a common project language by defining milestones, metrics & KPIs so that everyone is on the same wavelength. You simplify project management processes, so adaption becomes more straightforward, and you have oversight of the project life cycle throughout the project. You also conduct project phase gate reviews. You improve the level of PPM knowledge within Global IT by building and maintaining a knowledge management platform. With success, you embed best practices and lessons learned and empower all PPM stakeholders to succeed in project delivery. As IT PMO Governance & Process Manager, make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- Owning the GSO IT project management methodologies, researching, recommending, and implementing process improvements as warranted.
- Establishing a consistent quality level, accuracy, compliance to standards, and internal controls.
- Provisioning of systems in compliance with company standards and policies.
- Maintaining all PPM tools, ensuring system administration, training, support, and reporting for users.
- Conducting documentation and process audits to verify compliance with delivery assurance controls.
- Implementing & improving processes as defined in the Project Delivery Framework.
- Coaching and training and being SME for methods, tools, governance, and controls.
- Driving continuous improvement across delivery governance & methodology.
- Coordinating phase gate reviews on all projects via the Project Governance Forum.
- Highlighting PPM best practices and support PPM teams to follow these best practices.
- Managing a common PMO platform for project collaboration & an easy way of knowing project activities.
Your new office
As an IT PMO Governance & Process Manager, you work with around 370,000 colleagues worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale, you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands and approximately 150 within GSO (Global Support Office) IT. By leading together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role in retail, building trusted local brands.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 6th floor within the GSO, to be precise. GSO sets global strategic frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practices, and encourages economies of scale for the entire organization. Your team consists of 1one colleague responsible for all PPM Tools and one Senior Project Manager for the global rollout of PPM Tool. You will also find five colleagues responsible for Portfolio Management.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue to monitor the circumstances, and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam. There you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place through video calls
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize GSO IT we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A permanent contract and a gross yearly salary up to €80k.
- An attractive bonus scheme on top of your salary.
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- Twenty vacation days, extendible to 35.5 days.
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts, or pay-outs.
- Discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- the possibility to attend training courses.
- Discounts on various insurance policies.
- A laptop and telephone.
At Ahold Delhaize, you work for one of the largest retailers in the world. To keep up with us, you are bursting with ambition. And specifically, for this vacancy of IT PMO Governance & Process Manager, you have excellent knowledge of best practice program- and project management methodologies and governance. You are proficient in business process analysis, documentation, and you can implement process improvements. You also possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, and the required interpersonal skills necessary to work well with others in teams and collaborative work situations. You have the necessary inter-departmental planning, organization, and collaboration skills required to build relationships across business, technology, and operations, spanning multiple lines of business.
With those skills, you develop acceptable solutions for a variety of users with potentially different needs. And, you know how to overcome resistance to change. You complete this with:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT PPM/PMO, preferably within a large, matrixed organization.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience supporting IT projects and programs in a retail organization, consulting organization, or multinational.
- Experience with PMO & PPM tools & systems and processes preferred.
- Administrative and oversight experience with project portfolio management systems preferred
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and writing).
- Full proficiency with MS Office tools.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply online now and before the 7th of February!
We would also like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter but to formulate an answer to the following questions
- Can you tell us something about the most complex IT portfolio you're managed thus far in your PMO career?
- Of what change, something you have driven in your past work experience, are you most proud?
- What experience that you currently don't have, are you hoping to add to your CV by fulfilling this role?