Enable board-level decision making by getting a helicopter view on our Global IT project portfolio.
As our IT PMO Specialist, it is your goal to improve our projects' predictability and facilitate strategic planning and decision-making. With success, you allow for projects to be completed harmoniously, on time, and within budget. To accomplish this goal, you aggregate the state of affairs of about thirty ongoing global IT projects. To gain intel, you collaborate with Architects, Program Managers, and Delivery Managers. You help them to solve issues and you keep senior management in the know so that they can ensure the resources for the project teams to stay on track.
As IT PMO Specialist, make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- acting as the flight control center for Global IT projects.
- keeping track of dependencies and aggregating results.
- ensuring a solid interlock with local IT projects, where these projects impact the global IT landscape.
- working with Architects, Program Managers, and Delivery Managers to deal with bottlenecks, and to escalate those that require extra attention.
- Helping to prepare for periodic strategic planning and budgeting.
Your new office
As an IT PMO Specialist, you work with around 370,000 colleagues worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale, you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands, and approximately 150 within GSO (Global Support Office) IT. By leading together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role in retail; building trusted local brands.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 6th floor within the GSO, to be precise. GSO sets global strategic frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practices, and encourages economies of scale for the entire organization. Your team consists of three peer IT PMO specialists. You will also find two colleagues in the team who are responsible for rolling out best practices and tools for governance of global IT projects.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- A permanent contract and a gross base salary up to €60k.
- an attractive bonus scheme on top of your salary.
- an excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- 25 vacation days, extendible to 45 days.
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts, or pay-outs.
- discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- the possibility to attend training courses.
- discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
At Ahold Delhaize, you work for one of the largest retailers in the world. To keep up with us, you are bursting with ambition. And specifically, for this vacancy of IT PMO Specialist, you possess great interpersonal, and planning, budgeting, and communications skills. With those skills you will be able to identify priorities within a complex portfolio, to address issues in a constructive way, and to present complex information concisely. You complete this with:
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT project management/PMO, preferably within a large, matrixed organization.
- excellent English communication skills (verbal and writing).
- A highly organized personality
- full proficiency with MS Office tools.
Seeing is experiencing, which applies to our stores and to our head office in Zaandam; Perhaps your new workplace where you as IT PMO Specialist influence the most famous retail brands. Apply now! Also, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the GSO?
- What do you see as the most significant parallels between your experience and the requirements for this job?
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Specialist, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via +31 (0) 6 34941160 or email@example.com.