Your new job and office
Do you ensure the delivery of valuable, high-quality solutions for Gall&Gall's Data Lake platform? Do you dare to take the substantive helm of this platform and develop it substantively? Then we are looking for you as a Lead Data Engineer!
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day.
Being a Tech Lead for the AH Technology and especially at our Gall & Gall domain, means you are technically responsible for Gall & Gall’s Data Lake. You will act as the stream lead for AH Technology’s generic platform, called Thor. Thor is a state of the art, scalable data platform, meant to serve all of AH future data needs. You will participate in standups and refinements, come up with application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, coach junior team members and manage deployments.
As the Tech Lead Data Lake you will translate the roadmap to valuable tech solutions and will contribute to the initiation of new initiatives. Just like a kind of Solution Architect if you will. In this awesome role you will also provide feedback on the technical standards and guidelines, taking into account the Enterprise Architecture and you will give clear guidance to both business and development teams. The role is both hands-on (building pipelines etc.) and business heavy (aligning with stakeholders etc.). More specifically, as Tech Lead Data Lake you will:
- Design, build and manage all of Gall & Gall’s data pipelines, both batch and real-time;
- Design and co-develop architectures for new product applications (data, infrastructure, privacy and security);
- Understand the integration architecture and business process architecture;
- Be a valued team member, who coaches, facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient and effective process; Form a team with the Product Owner;
- Work closely with the Tech Lead MDM, Data Engineers, Testers, peer Tech Leads and Head of Tech to design the future of Gall & Gall's Data Lake and other stream leads for AH Technology's Thor platform.
What does your agenda look like as a Lead Data Engineer? Weekly you have architecture and technology deep dive sessions with your fellow Tech Leads. In addition, you will/can have weekly conversations with Gall&Gall's Head of Tech. Day to day you will work closely with the Business Product Owner responsible for requirements to identify the non-functional requirements you need to manage. Your data engineering efforts and knowledge will help the teams deliver outstanding results. You will also participate in stand-ups and refinements, devise application and data architecture solutions, build code, maintain code quality, develop best practices, coach junior team members and manage implementations. In short; enough to do!
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “We’re always there for you,” and with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.Curious about your colleagues?
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the Gall & Gall Tech domain. This department has about 45 members of staff and various teams, with 6 members on average in each team (but this changes from time to time). You will form a team with the Product Owner and will work together with peer Tech Leads, Architects, Engineers, Data Scientists, Analysts, Testers and Head of Tech to design the future of the Gall & Gall platforms.Are you going to help us to continue to build a successful IT organization? For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary of €68.000 – €86.000 based on a 40-hours workweek.
- Bonus levels that match your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan, travel expenses and a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier easier diet.
The recipe for maximum customer impact
- A Technology/IT/Engineering degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven success in roles such as Data Engineer or Data Scientist. Experience as Lead or Senior is a major advantage.
- Solid Azure, Python and Spark skills.
- A successful track record in (retail) Tech environments or a desire to accomplish that. You’ll need it to understand and act with authority in the unique dynamic that typifies our sector.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills; you can discuss issues with colleagues at all levels. Including non-technical colleagues.
- Familiair with Agile environments. You understand words as backlog, refinement sessions and user stories.
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Maureen Ensink, Talent Acquisition Partner, will be more then happy to help you via Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, due to Corona we can only serve virtual coffee during our talks.