Your new job and office
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
About the job
Being a Lead Developer for our CMS system in the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible, together with your team, for the technical aspects of Albert Heijn's online experience, used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities. As a passionate Lead Developer you participate in the ideation of new cool initiatives. You lead the teams in creating a vision for the architecture of the CMS system and support the teams to adopt it when refactoring code or developing new features.
You participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage releases. You support product or platform architects when needed, and are the technical point of contact for product owners and heads of tech.
More specifically, as Lead Developer you:
- Lead and mentor the CMS team in creating and adopting a vision for all technical aspects of the CMS and the supporting processes;
- understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
- Are a valued team lead, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques;
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Tech, Platform Architect, Product Owner and our development community.
This role is in the Digital Tech Marketing & Inspire domain within AH Technology, and you’ll be part of the CMS & Content team. Marketing & Inspire exists of 50 people divided over diverse teams.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary up to 85K, depending on your experience and based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- An additional bonus (up to 10K) that matches your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan;
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
- Take part in our AH Tech Academy.
AH Tech Academy
In 2021 we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy is a platform that supports you in your daily work and learning on a daily basis. It offers a variety of courses and training sessions. Besides, the academy is a platform to share experiences and learn from each other's expertise. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth. As we are further developing this platform and adding courses and trainings on the go, you can already enjoy the benefits of this program.
What do you bring
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Tech Lead, you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience as developer or lead in a front-end, back-end or full stack role.
- Know your way around with React.js, Node.js, REST/GraphQL APIs, CDN asset management and CI/CD. Experience with Java is a nice to have, even as experience with Containerization and Public Cloud.
- Experience with Bloomreach (or equivalent Headless CMS) and content strategies (DXP).
- Experience with (technical) SEO topics and optimizations.
- Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory);
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Hit the apply button and discover how we can make a difference together to the customer!
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Gertjan Schuurmans (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.