Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities.
Ahold Delhaize’s office in Zaandam, the Netherlands, is the home base for the Global Support Office (GSO), consisting of various support functions that help to further build Ahold Delhaize’s great local brands. One of these functions is the Legal department. The main areas of work of this department are covered by separate teams with dedicated professionals: Corporate, IT law, Data Privacy law, Intellectual Property and Asset Protection. In order to strengthen the Legal department we are seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel Corporate.
Your new office
As member of the Corporate legal team you will join a department that is involved in strategic matters handled by the Global Support Office. In your role you will give legal advice on a broad range of matters such as corporate structures and alliances, M&A projects, insurance, competition law, general contracting, as well as (internal) policies and litigation if requested. In addition, you are flexible to assist other teams within the department as may be required from time to time.
- Providing legal advice in respect of the areas detailed above;
- Contracting and legal project management;
- Complex work, with potential long term and financial impact to multiple parts of the business;
- Independent account management through direct communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Quality assurance and knowledge sharing;
- Management of outside counsel is part of your responsibilities.
What do we offer?
- A unique possibility to develop into a more general / all-round legal counsel;
- Working within the corporate heart of one of the world’s largest food retail groups;
- Close cooperation with colleagues in operating companies in 10 countries, also through company-wide expertise groups;
- A highly qualified and energetic team of colleagues.
- Approximately 4-7 years working experience as a lawyer and/or as inhouse counsel;
- Experience within Dutch corporate practice is a significant plus;
- Strong communication skills and ability to perform in a multidisciplinary working environment;
- Connector and hands-on attitude.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via email@example.com
You can respond to this vacancy by sending your resume and motivation letter until June 24, 2019.
Please note that we do not appreciate any acquisition attempts from recruitment or employment agencies. We do not approve any third party acquisition based on or related to, or commercial use of, this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated.