Your new job and office
Headoffice Ahold Delhaize, Zaandam, The Netherlands
As our Manager Business Control IT you are the financial sparring partner for IT within Ahold Delhaize. You manage finances, planning & control and advice and support management in realizing our objectives in terms of objectives, cost control and profitability. You bring experience in IT control and understand its effect on the organization.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
- You contribute to te development of our IT strategy by developing the year plan/budget and financial strategy for IT. You make sure an effective system for financial-economic planning and control is in place to serve as a basis for sound decision making. You prepare and monitor the budgets, forecasts and plans within the organization and department. You also ensure the analysis of and advice on any gaps between budget and realization.
- You’re business partner and as subject matter expert you advice management. You issue insights at request or at your own initiative regarding financial performances and on investments, working capital and profitability, as well as on decisions with (strategic) financial implications. You support management decisions with financial analyses and promote financial awareness and optimal use of resources.
With your accurate, complete and timely periodic- and ad-hoc reporting management can make timely decisions and determine or adjust strategy.
- You make sure internal controls and compliance are in place, by analyzing financial related processes, potential risks and/or non compliance areas within the organization and draft proposals for prevention, migitation and correction of risks. Once approved, you participate in implementing these.
Overall you are a finance professional who loves IT and wants to reshape the finance/business processes in order to make sure Ahold Delhaize is ready for the future.
As Manager Business Control IT, you assume end-to-end responsibility for all financials around our Global IT services. The role largely boils down to a mix of understanding how IT costs originate and translate that to opportunities, insights and Business cases. Where do we spend and why? You have to tap into your entire reservoir of skills, because IT Control is just as much in scope as passionately advocating your plans and vision to stakeholders, such as CFO’s and CIO’s.
The position of Manager Business Control IT is highly impactful because we want to achieve high quality decision making, which means deep understanding of the services delivered and build within your controlled environment. Boundless pioneering is often the name of the game because nothing is set in stone, so you have to think strategically and adopt a hypothesis-driven mindset. How can we create incentives to spend efficient in IT, while safeguarding innovation? As Manager Business Control IT, you will answer these – and many other – questions, working in tandem with global and local CIO’s around, Product owners, Assetmanagers and Accounting.
What do we offer?
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary between € 85K an €105K (depending on experience, based on fulltime, including holiday pay, excluding bonuses).
- Bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%.
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash.
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- Laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a Master degree in Finance & Accounting, Business Administration or Economics with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 3 years in IT/Tech control. You bring experience in (finance) process design, process optimalization and change management.
- Have a strong interest in understanding finance processes and IT organization and costs.
- Have strong analytical skills and are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Have great communication skills and are fluent in English (Dutch is a plus)
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.