Your new job and office
Manager Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management at Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize HQ, Zaandam
As Manager Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management you define and maintain guidelines and methodology for our ERM practice. As global leader of this area, you provide training, guidance and clear reporting requirements to all Brand Risk & Control teams. You help establish a clear Risk Management Framework and define controls for our ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) activities and emerging risk areas such as Climate change and the EU Taxonomy. To do so, you anticipate requirements, keep up to date with regulations and address problems with effective and efficient solutions.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers in the US, Europe and Indonesia, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, support local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. This takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. Running a sustainable business, where risks are managed in a responsible way, requires insight in relevant financial reporting, operational, compliance and strategic risks. As part of the Company’s 2nd line of defense, the Risk and Controls (R&C) function supports global and local senior management in the delivery of their responsible risk management and compliance responsibilities.
Our long-term ambition is to fully integrate ESG data consolidation, business control and related management reporting from across the brands to ensure the consistency and accuracy of Ahold Delhaize’s external reporting of financial and ESG data. Increased transparency, stronger data quality and strict target setting are needed to effectively manage the Healthy & Sustainable growth driver, and to ensure compliance with external reporting needs. In addition, the company sees an increase in regulatory requirements to which the company needs to comply.
- You manage relationships with various global teams with respect to their ERM and ESG agenda. You support their line management in reviewing and updating global policies, identifying risk, controls and mitigating actions and in monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of internal controls (on ESG).
- You collaborate with Global and Brand R&C teams to shape and optimize the Ahold Delhaize ESG Control Framework, including upholding R&C Standards, development of instructions, and guidance (or training) for Brands teams. You also design and facilitate training sessions and workshops to improve ERM processes.
- You consolidate the brand ERM profiles to produce the “Bottom up” view of company risks. You coordinate meetings with ExCo members and influential leaders to gain their input on risks and articulate the “Top to Bottom” view of company risks. You also help in the definition and implementation of Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s).
- You handle ad-hoc projects and requests which require risk assessment or design/implementation of temp and permanent internal controls across other company initiatives, such as ESG KPI reporting, EU taxonomy and Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. You also lead the response for the Risk & Crisis Management section of the annual DJSI Survey.
- You develop and maintain the annual ERM disclosures in the Ahold Delhaize annual report and drive disclosures in line with the TCFD, serve as a lead point of contact with external auditors to handle different requests in their execution of their annual audit and assurance plan for ESG Controls and assist Crisis management teams in developing applicable crisis response scenarios.
As Manager Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management you support our VP of Assurance and ERM in leading the management and improvement of Ahold Delhaize’s ERM practice and framework as well as the design of a risk management framework related to the Environmental, Sustainability and Governmental (ESG) activities. You work closely with the Managers Risk & Control for our global teams, US teams and EU teams and in close collaboration with the Sustainable Retailing team, the BPP team and the Director of Non-Financial reporting – ESG. In this role you will have 1 direct report.
What do we offer?
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize focuses on sustainable growth. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so you’re encouraged to grab opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual base salary between € 85K to € 103K (based on fulltime, depending on experience) , attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours when possible, the option to work Hybrid/from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to
- A laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
We welcome caring colleagues who:
- Combine a Master’s degree in Finance with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance and Reporting (within an international business).
- Bring Multinational and Big4 Consulting experience in ERM, including identification of controls and leading risk assessment sessions.
- Have knowledge and experience in ESG process and controls and KPI reporting and are able to apply this knowledge to complex projects and processes.
- Are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience in developing and delivering training to larger groups, as evidenced by your track record. You’re a strong Public Speaker.
- Bring solid project management qualities to the table – a must because you will coordinate across cross-functional, multi-cultural teams to deliver a project. You have strong time management skills.
- Are fluent in English, written and verbal, have strong communication skills and are able to create clear, concise and high-impact communications to support our company visibility on Health & Sustainability.
- Build strong relationships easily across cultures, have strong leadership and management skills and act as a true teamplayer.
- Have high integrity and strong alignment to Ahold Delhaize’s values.
- Are able to think strategically and bring concepts into action.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Karen de Geus, Talent Acquisition Partner will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Apply online via our website with your motivation and updated resume.