Your new job and office
Ensure the delivery of valuable mobile solutions so that Albert Heijn customers have a better shopping experience.
Hi, we're Albert Heijn, omnichannel food retailer
Whether people shop online or go to a physical store, 'Albert Heijn' is a welcome guest in 5 million households. This is a significant social responsibility; we aim to inspire customers to eat healthily, easily, enjoyably, and affordably. Rapidly changing customer preferences call for a continuous rethinking of our propositions and positioning. The transition from physical to online shopping driven by Covid-19 is a case in point. Choosing Albert Heijn means choosing a flexible setting, where change is the only constant and everything you do impacts the lives of millions of customers. Are you up to the challenge? Welcome to the omnichannel food retailer.
Making a difference to the customer as our new Android Developer
Being a Mobile Developer for the AH Consumer Technology domain means you are working on the development of Albert Heijn?s mobile apps Appie and AH Compact used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities at Albert Heijn.You participate in standups and refinements, help enforce code quality, develop best practices, write unit-, and integration tests and manage deployments. You also give feedback on coding standards, guidelines, and so on.
When you choose forAHyou work in an environment where we innovate continuously. Because we have millions of visitors a week, we might say that this does not pass unnoticed. We develop in scrum and agile methods, but we work increasingly in new ways working like Design Thinking and Lean Startup. We work according to data-driven and fact-based practices. Besides AH.nl and the Appie app, we also work for etos.nl, Gall& Gall, andAllerhande.
The work environment is open and informal. You will work in the Digital Tech Loyalty & Customer domain within the AH Customer Technology platform. This department is responsible for the development of the Appieappand the AH Compact app. Tech Loyalty & Customerconsistsof Testers, Developers, Tech Leads, Product Owners, and Architects. Our dev community counts more than thirty-five Mobile Developers (iOS / Android). Are you going to help us to continue to build a thriving IT organization? For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page https //stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What do we offer?
- We reward your effort with an annual salary of up to 65K based on a full-time workweek
- Our end bosses aren't greedy you're helping the business increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie. The annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck
- We save for your retirement like Scrooge McDuck. With one difference, we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you'll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring
- You can chill for 46 (that's right, forty-six) days; 25.5 regular paid vacation days, and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community ? deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are 'included'. You also get discounts (no coupon clipping required) on insurance, groceries, and so forth
- You work with the latest & greatest tooling?Pinky promise
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds, the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy 'to boldly go where no one has gone before' that typifies scaleups
- Own a Bachelor/Master degree, or equivalent experience
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience with Android Development
- Know your way around CI/CD, using Jenkins, and Github Actions
- You are familiar with Kotlin, Java, Android Architecture components
- Bring knowledge and experience with SOLID principles, clean architecture, and unit-, and integration testing
- Have outstanding English language skills
- Experience with Flutter or Dart
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Apply and discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!
Wouter Lipsius (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech Digital Loyalty and Customer) will be pleased to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org
Oh, and because of Corona, we currently only serve virtual coffee/tea at our talks.