Your new job and office
About the job
Being a Developer for Flutter at AH Technology means you are responsible, together with other developers, for the technical aspects of our Flutter applications, and in particular for our Food First Lifestyle coach app. Find it in the Play store and in the App store.
Albert Heijn is one of the first companies who adopted Flutter for strategic mobile solutions. At AH Technology we adopt modern technologies fast when we see the potential of it for our customers or our company. We developed our Food First Lifestyle coach app - for a better and healthier lifestyle - in Flutter, and also a few other apps, like our Compact app. Flutter is here to stay at Albert Heijn and you can help us embed this technology even more in our organisation.
As a passionate developer you participate in the ideation of new cool initiatives. You participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests, and manage releases. You support product or platform architects when needed, and guide and coach other (junior) developers.
This is in more detail what the job entails and what we value:
- You have a clear view on new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language and new features in the SDK can help improve your product.
- You feel adding value to the product is your default mode.
- And you ensure this is done using the most efficient and best-working tools and techniques.
- Consistent, malleable, well documented and tested code is common sense for you.
- But you also know that code is more often read than written .
- And that refactoring messy parts of the codebase is a normal part of your day (Boy Scout rule ftw!).
- You think about long-term challenges, and ways to improve a large code base with 20 regular contributors.
- And lost, but not least you re an expert in keeping things DRY, Clean and SOLID.
Curious about our tech stack? Here s a little sneak peak: Flutter, Dart, Github and Github Actions, Firebase, bloc (flutter_bloc), get_it, chopper and, swagger_dart_code_generator, mocktail and golden_toolkit.
Your new office
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our mobile development community counts more than 50+ Mobile Developers.
For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit:
Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our blogs: https://blog.ah.technology/
Working in a hybrid way is possible (home and office), and our office is located near the train station of Zaandam.
AH Tech Academy
In 2021 we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy is a platform that supports you in your daily work and learning on a daily basis. It offers a variety of courses and training sessions. Besides, the academy is a platform to share experiences and learn from each other's expertise. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth. As we are further developing this platform and adding courses and trainings on the go, you can already enjoy the benefits of this program.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 50-85K, depending on your experience and based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week
- An additional yearly bonus
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- A minimum of 20 plus 12.5 extra days paid vacation. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It s up to you!
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to 300 discount a year.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier, and more sustainable diet.
What do you bring
- At AH Technology you will be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new developer you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or master's degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Strong experience as Developer of mobile apps, in native iOS/Android is a must. Also proven experience with Flutter and Dart is a requirement;
- Know your way around with Git/Github;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture, and testing;
We are looking for both experienced and less experienced mobile developers. Depending on the level of experience you bring, you support product or platform architects when needed, and guide and coach other developers. If you don't check all the boxes, don't worry, we probably don't do either ;-). Feel free to apply and let us have a look at your resume.
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.
Please note: you have already a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands. We can offer extension of your sponsorship, but currently don’t offer relocation from abroad.
About AH Technology
You probably already know who we are. Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!