Your new job and office
This job combines the best of native development with the best of hybrid development. The Profile & Onboarding team and the Subscription team of the Albert Heijn app are working with Flutter components, embedded in the native app. The Profile & Onboarding team is responsible for the onboarding flow of the AH website and the Albert Heijn app. The Subscriptions team is responsible for the subscriptions programs on AH.nl and in the app (Our delivery bundle and AH Premium).
Being a Mobile Developer in the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible, together with your peers, for the technical aspects of Albert Heijn's app, used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities. You participate in the ideation of new cool initiatives, in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage releases.
More specifically, as Mobile Developer you:
- Understand new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product. Both for native app development and Flutter.
- Care deeply about consistent, malleable, well documented, tested code.
- Know code is more often read than written.
- Are aware that refactoring messy parts of the codebase is a normal part of your day (Boy Scout rule ftw!).
- Can think about long-term challenges, and ways to improve a large code base with 20 regular contributors.
Why joining the mobile development team at AH Technology? Let us give you a few reasons:
- We have nice technology in place: the native app is written in Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android), and with components written in Dart using Flutter. We’re working on moving to clean architecture.
- Combine the best of both worlds: hybrid development in a native app. You have the opportunity to learn and explore Flutter development in this role, besides building on the native app. Our estimation is that you’ll work 30% of your time native components, and 70% on Flutter components.
- You're building an app that is used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities.
- All you do in the app has a big impact.
- You join a community of 50+ mobile engineers, who think alike, or different, but all love working on new initiatives, high performance and high quality, unit testing etc..
- Grow your career and become part of the AH Tech Academy; our learning environment.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 50-85K, depending on your experience and based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
- An additional bonus (up to 10K) that matches your position.
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
- Work in a Hybrid way: both from home as well as in the office. We make sure you have the right equipment to work from home as well as from our office in Zaandam. Our office is located right next to the train station of Zaandam.
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
About AH Tech Academy
In 2021 we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy is a platform that supports you in your daily work and learning on a daily basis. It offers a variety of courses and training sessions. Besides, the academy is a platform to share experiences and learn from each other's expertise. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth. As we are further developing this platform and adding courses and trainings on the go, you can already enjoy the benefits of this program.
What do you bring
- At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new mobile developer you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Relevant experience as developer of mobile apps in native app development (iOS or Android) and a willingness to learn Flutter (though prior experience in Flutter is of course nice to have).
- Know your way around with CI/CD, using Fastlane and Github Actions;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture and testing.
We are looking for both experienced and less experienced mobile developers. Don’t check all the boxes? Don’t worry, we probably don’t either . Don’t hesitate to apply if you think you are a fit for this position, we’re happy to have a look at your resume.
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech Digital Loyalty and Customer) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.
About AH Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our mobile development community has more than fifty Mobile Developers, mostly experts in iOS, Android and Flutter development.
For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page or read our blogs.