Your new job and office
Does DATA and TECHNOLOGY run through your veins: are you a person who can be part of our product team who are building and supporting our data platform? Do you also have a keen interest elevating our quality of engineering (using your own technical and guiding skills) and shaping our data platforms which can help bring our Food and Tech company to the next level? Then, read on!
Hi, we are AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We did not achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run, and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job:
- We reward your effort with an annual salary up to 81k, based on a full-time workweek.
- Our end bosses aren’t greedy: you’re helping the business to increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie.
- An excellent pension plan: we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you will continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- 20 vacation days and a flex budget worth 12.5 days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are included . You also get discounts (no coupon clipping required) on insurance, groceries, and so forth.
- You work with the latest & greatest tooling. Pinky promise.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy to boldly go where no one has gone before that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
As a platform data engineer, you will be working on our data platform named Thor. We are building a self-service data platform with the aim that the platform team is not the bottleneck for development. This means that we are working hard to enable other data engineers to do as much themself whereas we work on improving and optimizing our pipelines and codebase.
A few cool new features we have recently implemented:
- The enablement of streaming data sets
- A data locker so consumers can safely access data
- Documentation that writes itself
If you want to know more of how it is to work in this team, read -https://werk.ah.nl/colleagues/charlotte-van-der-scheun/
Essential Experience Required
- Databricks: Data Engineer Associate Certification (level of expertise or certification itself)
- Terraform: Associate Certification level
- In depth Azure knowledge (data engineer modules we use are below)
- Log analytics
- Data explorer
- Event Grid System Topic
- Devops: specifically to bridge gap between development and IT
- Lean software development
- Automate infrastructure and processes
- Version Control: Mastery in Git (daily use, getting stuff done in Git, Git workflow etc)
- Extensive ETL experience
- Azure DevOps CI/CD
- Experience of building and/or using observability frameworks / tools
Nice to have
- Spark optimizations
- Excellent python/pyspark skills. (The ability to build a higly performant, simple and clearly structured python package that will be used in production)
- Further skills level and/or certification
- Databricks: Certified Data Engineer Professional Certification (level skills or certification)
- Optimization: Apache Spark developer associate (level skills or certification)
- Python: PCAP™ – Certified Associate in Python Programming (level or certification)
- Append to our data platform to take it to the next level with regards to data processing, quality
- Provide a platform that allows structuring of data into a scalable and easily understood architecture
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you'll build a platform that will be used by your data engineer peers to create beautiful business solutions that create customer value drivers.
- Be able to implement/build methodologies as well as (understand how to) scale them together with the businesses;
- Maintain a good, current and demonstrable knowledge of adjacent application and market developments both for inspiration and for benchmarking the concepts.
• 5+ years industrial experience in the domain of large-scale data management, data engineering.
• Hands-on experience incl. solid programming to implement pipelines integrating database management systems, cleaning data and improving its data quality
• Experience with data management platforms, tools and the Azure platform environment
• Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking-up new areas
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Perfect communication skills
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day. Questions? Nora Boujemaaoui, Talent Acquisition Partner, can tell you more about this challenging role via Nora.Boujemaaoui@ah.nl.