Global Support Office IT is responsible for the IT systems used by the global organization. That involves both local and global systems.
The position of Portfolio Manager is part of the Ahold Delhaize GSO IT PMO group, with responsibilities toward the overall build up, pre-alignment, prioritization, reporting, and health forecasting of the GSO IT portfolio.
The Portfolio Manager reports to the Director PMO in the GSO IT Delivery department. You will be part of the Global PMO IT team and work closely together with the project management community, PMO teams in other Operating Companies, Finance and GSO IT leadership team in defining and running the portfolio management practice.
The main objective of this job is to build & maintain a mature portfolio management practice in a very complex landscape with multiple portfolio stakeholders.
In an environment with almost 11 governance models impacting the projects in the portfolio, we need clear guidance on how projects shall be started and prioritized, how funding shall be allocated, and how can we avoid the “watermelon” reporting: Green on the outside, red on the inside.
When it comes to portfolio management, we are looking for a person who puts the human interaction & communication ahead of the all the checkpoints, who aims to build processes based on human interaction rather than just a list of documents to be filled in, who aims for stronger governance enabled by simplification and not duplication.
In major portfolios data is an asset, yet sometimes it can transform into a real enemy generating analysis paralysis and very little understanding of the real phenomenon impacting the sanity of a portfolio. We are looking for a person skilled in working with a high amount of data and able to extract the main message as well as remediation recommendations.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
What do we offer?
- International job with impact and significant responsibilities
- An excellent benefit packages
- Career opportunities within the international retail environment
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Core competencies: Stakeholder Management, Portfolio Management, Influence without Authority, Solid communication and presentation skills, good understanding of governance models influencing the decisions within a complex organization.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Professional level in English
- Previous experience with PPM tooling (Clarity, Service Now, Microsoft Project Suite, etc)
- Effective and creative problem solving
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to excel in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Consumer centric, strong passion for service and drive to results
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Remains calm under pressure
- Experience with PMP, Agile and Scrum
- Based in the Netherlands
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Maria José Molina Mesa, Talent Acquisition Lead IT can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are improving our own candidate experience and therefore do not appreciate any acquisition attempts from employment agencies, besides the ones we approach ourselves.
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS and Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.