Your new job and office
Do you want to make big impact, work for over 10 international brands within Ahold Delhaize (e.g. Albert Heijn, Bol.com. Delhaize, Stop & Shop and Food Lion) and work within our newly formed European Data Science & Analytics team? Then we are looking for you.
Within Ahold Delhaize we are looking for a Principal Data Scientist Forecasting and a Principal Data Scientist Personalization & Relevance. As you being the expert in one of these domains you will work closely together with our data science and analytics teams from our brands (Albert Heijn, Delhaize, Etos etc.) and the regional US team. We seek mutual opportunities, work together on implementing state-of-the-art data solutions and help them taking data science and analytics to a higher level. You are an expert in identifying, implementing and improving data solutions driving sustainable value for our customers and businesses. You participate in the cross functional scrum teams with the lead brand and you have a strong vision on data solutions. As Principal Data Scientist you will create impact at scale, as we want to scale and leverage these solutions across the brands.
In this European team we are organized around three domains within data science: forecasting, search and personalization & relevance. In the team you will be working with data scientists, data analysts, data governance experts, experimentation experts and ML engineers. Examples of products you will be working on are developing customer demand forecasting models for our e-Commerce businesses, workforce planning models for our distribution centers and replenishment models for our stores.
Next to this, you will also set up and lead the global data science community with this domain. You will build connections with the data scientists across Ahold Delhaize who are working on models and solutions, such that knowledge, best practices and algorithms can be shared. This community of practice will be enhancing transparency, collaboration and developing together.
As our Principal Data Scientist you are the most important Data Science go to person within your domain. You collaborate with various levels in our company; from data scientist up to senior leadership. To do so, you’re a pragmatic scientist who still likes getting his/her hands dirty. As you are the expert within Forecasting you will spread your knowledge across our company. In this way you will improve numerous products and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
?As Principal Data Scientist at Ahold Delhaize you:
- Act as thought leader on Forecasting or Personalization & Relevance to our colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate & inspire our business in identifying, understanding and prioritizing business needs into data science solutions.
- You understand what it takes to develop a model, industrialize the model and improve it via experimentation.
- Provide input on future development and possibilities to support strategic (mid- to long term) planning of data science.
- You understand the importance of fairness and ethical use of AI.
- Build a network of relevant people to gain excess to cutting edge data methodologies and share knowledge and best practices within personalization and relevance.
- Explore new data science solutions for our brands and keep developing business driven data science solutions.
- Have a strong focus on creating value.
- Coach/mentor a team of data scientists and lead our community of practice.
- Have a pragmatic mindset; you understand the larger data science picture, the spot on the horizon, but also have a very pragmatic approach to this.
As Principal Data Scientist you will work at and across Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
You will be joining the newly formed Data Science & Analytics team. In this team we deliver scalable data products and building bridges between the different data science & analytics teams from our brands.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you get access to best in class guidance and inspiring training, to shape your own development and career. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a gross yearly salary up to € 90K + 8% vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- a bonus on top of your salary.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%.
- 20 vacation days.
- A budget choice which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs.
- the possibility to attend training courses at our expense.?
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, when we return to office.
- A new role in a new team, where you can add a lot of value.
At Ahold Delhaize, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- a Master in Data Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, A.I., Computer Science or other relevant (technical) studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and results.
- 7+ years of experiencing in designing and building end-to-end AI/ML solutions on cloud infrastructure - Azure is preferred.
- practical knowledge of orchestrating production ML pipelines with CI/CD flows
- being a power-user of open-source eco-system of algorithms and tools for forecasting or personalization & Relevance.
- great communication skills; you explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders and connect (to) people.
- deep knowledge of sequence modeling including statistical models like- ARIMA, classical models like - LGBM, state of the art models like- Transformers, LSTM, Neural networks.
- For the forecasting domain: experience with CPG industry demand forecast/ models like online demand forecast for web shops, replenishment algorithms at different labels of granularity – SKU level, store level, warehouse level and supplier level.
- For the personalization & relevance domain: good experience with CPG industry relevant personalization models like promotion personalization, search personalization, contextual cross-sell.
- advanced statistical knowledge of hypothesis testing, A/B testing, ANOVA, correlations, similarity measures, factors of variations, different probability distributions.
- experience working with both continuous, categorical and nominal data as input to models.
- several examples of successfully implemented data science projects.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What?is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to learn more first, before you apply? Maureen Ensink, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org