Your new job and office
Do you have experience with Azure cloud, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as code? And are you passionate about scalable solutions, can you communicate transparently and are you good at connecting? If so, you could be just the person we are looking for.
What do we offer?
Whether people shop online or go to a physical store, 'Albert Heijn' is a welcome guest in 5 million households. This is a major social responsibility; our aim is to continue to inspire customers to eat healthily, easily, enjoyably and affordably. Rapidly changing customer preferences call for a continuous rethinking of our propositions and positioning. The transition from physical to online shopping driven by Covid-19 is a case in point. Choosing Albert Heijn means choosing a flexible setting, where change is the only constant and everything you do impacts the lives of millions of customers. Are you up to the challenge? Welcome to the omnichannel food retailer.
As a Cloud & Infrastructure product owner you are responsible for building, developing and optimizing the cloud infrastructure that we use for all customer-oriented digital communication. Examples include ah.nl, the AH mobile app, but also cash register systems. Making optimum use of our Kubernetes platform helps product teams to get their software into production as quickly as possible reliably, securely, efficiently and scalably. You determine the roadmap and backlog in consultation with the team, Product Owner SRE, Architects and product teams. Based on our Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) you determine the priority and monitor the progress made with the backlog.
As a Cloud & Infrastructure Product Owner you make your presence felt by:
- formulating a vision from the perspective of AH Tech strategy, technology and the wishes of product teams that helps us to speed up our Time to Market.
- developing roadmaps and defining epics and user stories, taking into account our business needs and external developments.
- bringing the vision and the roadmaps to fruition. You deliver and manage successful products, systems and/or processes.
- excellently planning, prioritizing and organizing the product development and product functions of the end-product. You manage the overall quality of the product.
- properly representing the interests of your stakeholders and establishing an intensive collaboration between your team and stakeholders.
As a Cloud & Infrastructure Product Owner you work at Albert Heijn, a division of Ahold Delhaize. Albert Heijn is the Netherlands’ number one food retailer. For over 130 years it has been the trusted and inspiring partner for millions of customers. With over 1,000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 on ah.nl, we are always there for our customers. However, there is work to be done before we embark on the next phase: to make 'better eating' accessible to everyone and to make shopping even easier.
You will be part of the AH Customer Tech Platform and more specifically the Enabling cluster. We work daily on ah.nl, the iOS/Android App and more. Within the Enabling cluster, we work on various matters to ensure that product teams can focus primarily on delivering customer value. Our focus is mainly on automation.
The right ingredients for a high-impact job
- An annual salary of around 80K for full-time employment.
- The perks that come with the job: attractive bonus scheme, a travel allowance, laptop and smartphone.
- Generous pension scheme (6.2% personal contribution) and discount on (among other things) insurance policies.
- 20 days’ holiday entitlement, plus 12.5 days on a discretionary basis. Take it, exchange it for discounts or have it paid out in full? You choose.
- A setting in which learning from your peers is an everyday reality and your personal and professional development is continuously encouraged.
- An employer that combines the best of both worlds: the opportunities you associate with a corporate plus the autonomy and drive to innovate that characterize scale-ups.
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you:
- Have a technical higher professional education or master's degree, preferably in Information Technology.
- Have about 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in which you have proven your added value in roles as Product Owner or Product Manager within technology.
- You have experience with building, developing and optimizing cloud infrastructure, preferably within a corporate environment.
- You have outstanding ability to plan, prioritize and organize product development and end-product functions. And guarantee the overall quality of the product.
- Have excellent communication skills and a good command of English and preferably Dutch.
- Are strong in stakeholder management.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. What exactly do we have to offer? What challenges will you need to overcome? And which colleagues will you be doing that with? Micha Lekawael will be pleased to tell you all about the role, the impact and the benefits.
Apply and discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!
Micha Lekawael (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Ischa Mooren (Chief Product Owner SRE) will be pleased to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oh, and because of Corona, we currently only serve virtual coffee/tea at our talks.