Your new job and office
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
About the job
As a Project Manager you work daily with different product teams, architects, head of techs, business owners and suppliers. You know how to run your projects from end-to-end. The projects we have are all about technology, think; roll-out of new software releases in our 1000+ shops, migrations to the cloud, changes in the online shopping journey, and so on.
You’ll define, prepare, lead and execute projects, in order to deliver projects according to the common goals. As a team we’re actively developing our project management capability, and we’d like to see you participate in it as well to bring it (together) to the next level of professionalism and knowledge sharing.
In more detail, you’ll be:
- Managing dynamic, and sometimes complex projects, with multiple parties.
- Defining the scope and activities of projects, where you manage the expectations of a varied group of stakeholders.
- Taking end-to-end ownership of project goals.
- Managing the execution of technology projects, coordinate with all involved internal and external parties.
- Analyzing, determine and managing a risk-, issue-, management- and quality plan.
- Actively contributing to raise the bar of our Project Management capability by being critical, creative and eager to join Guild sessions, learn, share and optimize project management tooling and our way of working.
About AH Technology
So what’s next at AH Technology? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
And how about the team? The department you will work in is Tech NL Portfolio & Project Management. Here we drive change in terms of organizing portfolio prioritization and management; we develop and improve the portfolio, product and project management way of working. You work in a small team of 4 Project Managers who share the same attitude and interest; driving, managing and owning Tech projects!
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job.
- We reward your effort with an annual salary of 45K-64K based on a full-time workweek.
- Our end bosses aren’t greedy: you’re helping the business to increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie. The annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
- We save for your retirement like Scrooge McDuck. With one difference: we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- You can enjoy 46 (that’s right forty-six) days of holiday: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts (no coupon clipping required) on insurance, groceries, and so forth.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable, diet.
What do you bring.
- Good communication, and organizational skills are key. With those skills, you identify priorities, constructively address issues, and present complex information concisely.
- A solid technical background (or high level of interest) in most common IT aspects like, cloud / SaaS, test automation, micro services (architecture), API’s etc..
- A bachelor or master’s degree.
- A solid set of experience within project management preferably in a Retail & Tech environment.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Stakeholder management experience within a large, matrixed organization.
- A hands-on, get-things-done mentality.
How to apply.
We look forward to teaming up with you! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon partially at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Nathan Groenendijk, lead Project Manager Tech NL PPM, will gladly talk you through the position at Nathan.Groenendijk@ah.nl. Or drop our recruiter Irene van Rosmalen a message or whatsapp via email@example.com / 06- 23 62 04 40.
We would love to know what motivates you to apply for this position. But instead of sending us a 'standard' motivational letter, please answer the following questions:
1. What was the most complex challenge you overcame in your professional career? How did you accomplish this? And what do you consider the most important learning?
2. What do you think will make you successful in this position? Please link your experience to our requirements and help us see that this position was made for you.