Your new job and office
About the job
Make a difference to the customers of Albert Heijn as our new QA Engineer for our mobile Flutter apps. These apps are used by millions of users in the Netherlands. Being a QA Engineer means your ultimate goal is to ensure that only the most reliable code makes it to production. Being part of an Agile team, you can set up the tests in such a way that the team can deliver high quality software to production. You do this by knowing the ins and outs of our applications. You work together with developers in your team to ensure the fastest possible feedback. With your experience with test automation and requirements analysis, you marshal your team in the right direction.
This position is for our Food First Lifestyle coach app. An app that is written from the ground in Flutter. With the help of this app we make a healthier lifestyle more easier. With simple exercises, multiple video’s and exercises we offer a complete app for a more healthier lifestyle.
As QA Engineer in the Food First team you’re helping the mobile team with ensuring a quality first mindset. You’re working with the newest test automation tooling and are not afraid to write automated test scripts yourself. You run these tests on your machine in an emulator, or as part of the CI/CD processes. Being a test engineer, you also know your way around with generic testing frameworks like Appium, Selenium, Cypress or RestAssured and have experience with working in Github.
Next to your technical skills, you are also able to translate complex requirements into clear acceptance criteria that are the basis for tests. You preferably are familiar with BDD and know how to apply this to your refinement and test process. After all testing is a team effort, and as a test engineer you play a significant role in helping the team to have the right focus on quality.
In short; as a QA Engineer you:
• Can coach your team in a quality first mindset
• Support in the requirement process
• Can write automated tests with the focus on Flutter and Mobile.
• Help other team members to expand their technical testing skills
• Know when to apply different types of tests and form an approach
• Can setup and run tests in a CI/CD environment
• Have a deep knowledge of Agile practices (specifically scrum)
• Are the bridge between the business and developers
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our Agile testing community counts more than 40 Testers.
We work in a hybrid way, where we meet (on average) 1-2 days at the office, and the other days we work from home.
What do we offer?
What we offer
• An annual salary between 45K and 65K based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
• A bonus plan: the annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
• Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week
• A hybrid workplace with an average of 1-2 days in our office.
• An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So, you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
• Plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exactly. Enjoy!
• You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community & AH Tech Academy – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
• Laptop, smartphone, an NS business card and discounts on insurance and groceries (up to €300, - a year).
• You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier, and more sustainable diet.
What we’re looking for in you:
• A passionate tester that both finds nasty bugs and has a risk-based approach for testing.
• You bring at least a few years of relevant experience as a software tester, testing mobile apps.
• Testing mobile applications is what you like best. If you have experience in testing Flutter apps it’s awesome, but native iOS/Android will do too.
• Knowledge of API / REST service testing.
• Experience with source control and CICD systems like Github, Github Actions and Jenkins
• Experience with test automation.
• A valid working permit to work in the Netherlands is mandatory (we can offer extension of your sponsorship, but currently don’t offer relocation).
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40. You can apply via hitting the apply button and send your resume.
And here’s a little bit more about us:
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
AH Tech Academy
In 2021 we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy is a platform that supports you in your daily work and learning on a daily basis. It offers a variety of courses and training sessions. Besides, the academy is a platform to share experiences and learn from each other's expertise. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth. As we are further developing this platform and adding courses and trainings on the go, you can already enjoy the benefits of this program.