Your new job and office
Working for Albert Heijn means working for one of the largest retailers in the Netherlands. The department - AH Retail Tech Platform - is concerned with all employee-facing applications we use daily to serve our customers as good as possible. The ‘MDM Data Services team’ aims to create the best architecture and infrastructure that has a huge impact on our processes and the shopping experience of millions of customers who daily interact with one of our Albert Heijn channels.
About the job
We’re currently developing a new, state of the art AH Technology landscape. We're transforming the monolithic Oracle environment into Cloud based Microservice. This means your focus will be on working with modern technologies. Your new team is developing complex microservices and highly performant API’s as front-runners within the department. To test these, we work with the newest test automation tooling and apply BDD for refinement and test process. We understand that testing is a team effort and as a test engineer you play a large role in helping the team to have the right focus on quality.
This distributed Agile DevOps team is large and very diverse, regarding both culture and skills. Some of us are internal employees and others come from agencies, but all are fully integrated members of the team and are equally contributing to the systems and their evolution. Doing so, we support our internal customers 24x7 with questions, incidents and proactive measures resulting from our monitoring setup.
What are we looking for
As QA Engineer you’re a front-runner in your field. You have a good amount of experience in testing various backend systems and their integrations. In doing this you understand the importance of test automation in an Agile environment. You can work with (the latest) test automation tooling and write automated test scripts yourself. You know your way around functional, integration and performance testing and can execute these manually or run them as part of the CI/CD processes. And you know your way around with generic testing frameworks like Selenium and Cucumber.
Being a QA Engineer at Albert Heijn means your goal is to ensure that only the most reliable code makes it to production. You do this together with other members of your scrum team. In an Agile team, you can set up the tests within your team in such a way that the team is able to deliver high quality software to production. You know the ins and outs of our applications and collaborate with the developers in your team to ensure the fastest possible feedback. You are also able to translate complex requirements into clear acceptance criteria that are the basis for tests. You understand that testing is a team effort, but that you as QA engineer play a large role in helping the team to have the right focus on quality.
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. To foster this environment of continuous learning we encourage our people to join Special Interest Groups of which we have many – including Testing.
We work in a hybrid way, which means we work on average 2 days at the office and the other days from home/anywhere.
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary between 50-65K incl holiday allowance, depending on your level of seniority and experience, based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week and working hybrid (2 days in the office, rest from home/anywhere);
- Plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exact.
- A bonus: the annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your monthly paycheck;
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So, you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year.
- An NS Business Card, company laptop and smartphone.
- Events within the AH Tech community: Hackathons, offsite days, drinks, conferences, etc.
The recipe for maximum customer impact
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience;
- 4+ years of experience in similar role(s), including functional testing, test automation and performance testing;
- Experience in testing microservices with REST API’s (json) and noSQL databases;
- Experience with source control and CI/CD systems like Github, Github Actions and Jenkins in a cloud-based environment;
- You enjoy teamwork and are used to agile/scrum ways of working;
- Bonus points can be scored with knowledge/skills in Microsoft Azure/AKS, Gatling, Java Kotlin, Kafka, SonarQube, Sigrid, SQL DB;
- An outstanding command of English
- Stanby services are part of this job, most can be done during office hours though, but if necessary you'd be on call for a week. We do this in rotation with the whole team.
A valid working permit to work in the Netherlands is mandatory (we can offer extension of your sponsorship, but currently don’t offer relocation).
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. Any questions? Irene van Rosmalen and (Tech recruiter) and Andre Vleeshakker (PO) can tell you everything you want to know about this role or AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 06-23 62 04 40.
And here's a little bit more about us
You probably already know who we are. Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!