Your new job and office
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-) So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
Your role and responsibilities
The QA Tech Lead has a strategic role in setting the new standard in quality for our AH Retail Tech Platform, part of AH Technology. The Retail Tech Platform is responsible for the technology around the business processes of our most critical core systems used for stores, supply chain, merchandise, finance, HR, employee and business support. As a team we work daily on challenges at scale with complex technology transformations, changes and improvements for our 1100+ stores, 6 distribution centers and all our HQ employees.
To be able to do this at this scale, we are making Quality Assurance integral part of our tech development. Therefore we’re looking for a thought leader, one who leads by example. You have a leading role in the overall test strategy, approach, and be a community Lead for QA in the Retail Tech Platform. Your role as QA Tech Lead is to be a counterpart for the Dev Tech Leads. Your area of responsibility lies in introducing standards for quality (code and functional), testing, test automation, documentation, test environments and data. One of your challenges is to engage the different QA engineers who are part of a large group of product DevOps teams.
The QA Lead is part of the Enabling cluster within Retail Tech Platform in which various experts enable the product teams on topics such as cloud, microservice patterns, integrations, release engineering, etc. Your role is to lead the QA topic supporting the teams in functional, non-functional and technical test issues they encounter. Your efforts will have a big impact and lay the foundation for establishing high quality development processes to take the Retail Tech Platform to the next level.
In more detail, as QA Tech Lead at AH Technology, you:
• Embed Quality Assurance into the product teams in a complex development organization of 30+ teams, multiple tech products with many internal and external dependencies.
• Define the QA approach and strategy over 10-15 business critical chains in the heart of Albert Heijn business across stores, distribution centres and central systems in the cloud
• Initiate presentations/courses/workshops to inspire and share knowledge among testers, engineers and product owners. You organize the Test Community sessions together with the testers and developers, to really elevate the quality assurance mindset.
• Are a visible standard bearer for quality. You act as a coach or consultant and support the teams with tools and best practices from the QA Enablement Team.
• You work with the other Dev Tech Leads to ensure that quality is top of mind, measured and that the teams and product owners actively work on improvements.
What do we offer?
Our tech stack
Our tech stack is diverse, always changing and you will definitely encounter a mix of coding languages, such as React, NodeJS, Kotlin, OutSystems, etc.
What do you bring
• You’re a thought leader in QA, with a background and solid experience as QA engineer / tester.
• Experience with driving a test and quality culture in a large organization.
• An Agile mindset, where you find the right balance between structure, processes and agility.
• The ability to manage, mentor and develop colleagues.
• Experience with test automation such as Selenium, Jmeter, Gatling, Appium, etc.
• Experience with other common QA tooling such as SonarQube, SAST tooling, etc.
• Experience with CI/CD technologies such as Github Actions
For this position we only accept candidates who already live in the Netherlands, with a valid working permit / knowledge migrant visa or EU Passport.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our QA community counts more than 20 QA’s, working in different platform teams. We work in a hybrid way, where we meet (on average) 2 days at the office in Zaandam (close to the train station).
The right ingredients for an impactful job:
• A salary between 65K-85K gross per year, including holiday allowance, depending on your level of seniority and experience, and based on a full-time workweek (40 hours)
• Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week
• An additional yearly bonus (up to 12K)
• An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-)
• 32,5 holidays: a minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
• Travel expenses, a laptop (Windows or MacBook) and smartphone.
• 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
Carly DeSantis (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Chun Lin Chao(Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-51644791. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit
Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our blogs: AH Technology