What will you do?
As senior team member in the Financial Planning & Analysis team of Ahold Delhaize Group you provide the Executive Committee, Supervisory Board and other stakeholders with timely, accurate and meaningful insights. In Ahold Delhaize the FP&A department is called Business Planning and Performance (BPP). You will be giving insights into the present financial performance and delivery of key strategic initiatives and with best estimates of the future performance and direction of the Ahold Delhaize business. In this role you can challenge, drive and support the brands to improve their business performance in order to meet the financial and strategic objectives.
The role itself.
As Senior Analyst FP&A you work on a variety of assignments. This includes:
- Preparing reports of periodic and quarterly results for internal and external audiences;
- Providing detailed insights into these results by writing narratives and presenting relevant analysis;
- Supporting a number of local CFO’s and FP&A teams as the main contact point from GSO FP&A;
- Creating ad hoc reports and analysis based on the requests of senior management;
Other tasks are:
- Build relationships and connect frequently with the local brands to get insights on results, initiatives and strategy;
- Identify, propose and drive continuous improvement / reporting simplification areas;
- Create value through building expertise in core global themes, by facilitating as a main point of contact for local FP&A teams;
- Supporting regular planning processes;
- Review investment proposals and performing other requests from the Supervisory Board, Executive Committee for specific (financial) analyses.
What do we offer?
- A challenging job and career for a person that is attracted to an international global finance environment;
- Nice perspective on further career development;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- An excellent benefits package.
- A master degree in Business Administration or Economics, where a post Master-degree (RA, RC, RE, RO) is a plus;
- A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience in finance within a role as business controller, business analyst or for example Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Knowledge of financial and (retail) business processes;
- The ability to write narratives, based on financial reports;
- Some knowledge of project management;
- You are fluent / native in English. Writing and speaking the Dutch language is a plus but not required.
Also, the following key competences are required for this job. You:
- are in possession of strong analytical skills and the ability to simplify / analyze complex financial areas;
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills; e.g. open but persuasive, organization sensitive and able to work on different levels in the organization;
- have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- are accurate and a bit of a perfectionist;
- are a team player.