Your new job and office
Being a passionate backend developer for the AH eCommerce backend domain, means you are part of the most important department working on the full backend and processes for AH home delivery.
Hi, we re AH Customer Technology platform, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. For millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand in stores but also delivered at home. The Customer Technology platform is part of AH Technology and focuses on website, app and home delivery in NL and Belgium. This is the fastest growing and most innovative part of AH. With continuous improvements and innovations, we serve customers with cool features, apps and website and deliver all software that is needed to have the groceries picked and delivered in time. A technology and innovation driven approach is key in this rapid changing world of home delivery.
This is eCommerce Backoffice
The Albert Heijn eCommerce Backoffice cluster, led by Head of Tech Johan van Es, is a fast growing and hugely important part of home delivery. With ten DevOps teams we are serving business and consumers with reliable databases, services and apps for all logistics processes ranging from replenishment to orderpicking, forecasting, warehouse management and delivery.
The team in which you will join is team Delivery. In this Devops team you will work on topics like Realtime scheduling, transport management and route planning. With the use of Java/Kotlin services you connect Oracle databases to third party software like Work Force Management and Ortec, so that the delivery drivers know where to go to and arrive on time. You will join a talented and experienced team, consisting of a Tech Lead, DevOps Engineers (Oracle, Java/Kotlin, Tester) and of course a Product Owner and Scrum Master. Together with the team and the Tech Lead you will closely collaborate to deliver enormous impact every day!
More specifically, as Java/Kotlin backend developer you will:
Be a valued team member and a valuable team player, celebrating successes together.
Have an appetite to learn from the experts around you and be an example for them too.
Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible.
Join an Agile scrum team that works in increments of two weeks; participating in all ceremonies of standups, refinement, planning, retrospective
Work with the team on reliable solutions and also take responsibility for the teams code in our DevOps way of working (including availability for standby shifts).
Analyse/design application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments.
Develop on applications that run our business critical and strategical processes of delivery.
You will work hard on innovative and challenging solutions with support of your team and Product Owner, while weighing the effects on our architecture and managing dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the whole AH Tech department. In short, this is a fantastic and challenging role in which you work on great projects and help us to deliver on our promise to our millions of shopping customers. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply...
What do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
• A competitive annual gross salary up to 85K euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
• 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
• Flexible working hours;
• Access to a challenging training curriculum - AH Tech Academy;
• An excellent pension plan;
• A travel allowance for travelling to and from Zaandam;
• Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
• 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of 300 per year;
• A company laptop and telephone.
The recipe for maximum impact
• Bachelor or University degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
• At least 5 years’ work experience as Backend Developer, Java/Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
• You enjoy teamwork and are used to agile/scrum ways of working
• You are tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech.
• Knowledge of Kotlin, Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD. Experience with the Spring Framework is a plus.
• Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile).
• A getting-things-done mentality.
• An insatiable appetite for new knowledge.
• Knowledge on or experience with Oracle databases would be nice.
• We don’t mind if your Dutch isn’t your main language as long as your English is up to par.
• Living in NL and you don’t mind going to the office in Zaandam for 2-3 days a week.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Nora Boujemaaoui (Talent Acquisition Partner) can tell you everything you want to know about this role via email@example.com