Your new job and office
Do you want to make impact, work for the biggest retailers in The Netherlands and help shape our growing Data Science & Engineering team? Then we're looking for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Albert Heijn, you will be part of the ambitious Data Science team within our Strategy & Analytics department. We work closely together with Digital, Commerce and Operations as well as outside our department with Store, Commerce, eCommerce, and Supply Chain. Data and technology are central to Albert Heijn’s strategy. Together with the team of data engineers, business stakeholders and IT, you will play a crucial role in this strategy improving numerous processes and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
Our team is behind many high impact projects within Albert Heijn both online and in stores. Several of these projects like Bonus Box personalized offers (check Bonus Box out in the AH app) have high public visibility while others such as promo forecasting are key to planning logistics and finances. You will have the opportunity to shape new innovations like dynamically setting markdowns on near expiry products in store in order to minimize food waste. You will use applied statistical techniques, machine learning, A/B testing, evaluating causation and impact. You will take projects from design/conceptualization through proof of concepts to release as live products
Our team of +/- 25 data scientists and data engineers are continuously stimulated and challenged while working with the wealth of data at Albert Heijn. Our data scientists and engineers have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is important. We are passionate, enthusiastic, and we don’t mind getting our hands dirty, but most importantly: we will never stop evolving and learning.
As Senior Data Scientist at AH Technology you:
Have a leading role in building models and algorithms specifically for our use cases
Code, test and put our algorithms into production
Use your experience and knowledge to mature our Data Science team and perfect our agile way of working
Coach and mentor your colleagues
Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities
Forecast, classify and make recommendations to get the most out of our data
Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.?
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. You can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an essential role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.? For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page:?https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
What do we offer?
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- A bonus on top of your salary
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
- Regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Master in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest
- At least 5 years of experience as Data Scientist
- A desire to coach and educate your colleagues and the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders
- Advanced experience in Python, Spark (both must haves) and other programming languages
- Experience in Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a big plus
- You are based in The Netherlands
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Albert Heijn?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
- Last but not least: what are your salary expectations?